What's new

the best magazine?? (1 Viewer)

slayerized

Grip
Real Name
alex
what's a good magazine to pick up for the latest tv's,home theater's and all high def dvd stuff?

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Alex, what one person likes another person may loathe. The best thing for you to do is to go to your local newsstand and flip through the magazines yourself and buy what appeals to you. There are numerous home theater-related publications on the market.

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
Do people still read magazines? Since the advent of the internet it seems a bit, I don't know, redundant.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I'm old school. I still like to hold and read a magazine, just like I need to hold and play a CD.

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
The only thing magazines are good for is reading in the crapper. There's just something a little strange about sitting on the john with a laptop. :D

mylan

Screenwriter
I like Home Theater and Sound and Vision, I have had subscriptions to both for over ten years. There doesn't seem to be as much content in them as in years past but I still like having a hard copy to peruse and there are helpful how-to articles and pics of others home theaters. You do have to take what you read with a grain of salt because reviewers generally do not trash products for fear that manufactures will stop advertising with them, with that being said, forums like this are the best way to research HT gear purchases. Magazine reviews tend to gloss over features or only give the positive but we all here tell it like it is :emoji_thumbsup:

LewB

Screenwriter
Gotta keep an issue or 2 near the crapper. Things just seem to work better that way :laugh:
Another vote for 'Home Theater' and 'Sound and Vision' :emoji_thumbsup:
Besides, it's kind of hard to use a laptop as a 'last resort' if you run out of toilet paper :eek:

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
I saw a couple of British (where's Andrew Markworthy when you need him?) based HT magazines at De Laures Newstand in Oakland a few months ago that looked pretty interesting. Don't know why I didn't pick one up. I'll have to buy one the next time I'm in the area.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
You think so? I looked it up in the members list and that's the way it's spelled. Oh, well. Apologies if I did.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks