What's new

The 4400 Season 2 (1 Viewer)

Jeff Kohn

Supporting Actor
No, because back then he had the "inhibitor" in his system and hadn't shown any abilities yet. Now that they've had the inhibitor removed from their systems, more of the 4400 will undoubtedly start showing abilities (if not all of them) When the cup moved towards him at the end, he was surprised.

On another note it sure looks to me that this "war" brewing between 4400 and everybody else is being orchestrated by the future, wonder what they have to gain from it.

Collier's return has some interesting implications going forward. It's going to be hard try Kyle for murder now (though I guess attempted murder is a possibility). Also now it's not so clear whether Isabel lied to Collier when she showed him a bright and promising future.

My two annoyances:

1)Playing the dead/not-dead game, I hate it when shows do this because once a show does this once, future deaths are robbed of their impact since viewers are going to assume it will happen again for future deaths. Death should be real and have a real dramatic impact; I'd rather see people having to deal with the consequences.

2) Isabel growing up overnight just seems too much like a Deus Ex Machina, smacks of lazy writing. If adult Isabel is really so important to the plot I'd rather see them skip forward 15+ years when the next season resumes (of course that'd be more difficult since they'd have to age everybody).

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
Yeah but what would be the point. I dont think its lazy writing at all. The whole point is that the writers WANTED it to be something unique. If they needed a character that could do what Izzy did AND seduce Sean why not just have it be one of the other 4400 that's his age? Why not a million other things. They wanted that to be like, wow, OK how did that happen?

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Jeff, technically, the inhibitor wasn't removed from their systems. Rather, it was neutralized by binding it to a substance that prevents it from crossing the blood-brain barrier, and more of the stuff thst was inhibited was injected into their bloodstream.

I also have problems with Isabel growing up overnight. Does anyone here remember Earth: Final Conflict?

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Actually Jordan took time off to sail around the world on a old sailing ship. It was mentioned in TVguide when the season started

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
O.C.? How do you spell that?

One thing I noticed is that, while the first set of abductees didn't age a single day while they were gone, Jordan Collier, judging by his beard, has aged a few months since his (body's) disappearance. I don't think it's been a few months in the story line, has it?

And why couldn't they put him in a decent suit?

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Any word on when the next season begins? I hope we don't have to wait another year.

Thomas Reagan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Thomas
C'mon...am I only one who noticed the serum looked just like the Re-animator re-agent potion concocted by Dr. Herbert West (also played by Jeffery Combs), in Re-Animator (1985)?

I thought it was a cool homage. :)

Thos.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey

The OC was filmed before 4400. He had an out in his contract to go sailing. I agree that it robs us of the impact of his death.
I think they need stronger writers next season. The finale was good but the rest of the season was horribly boring.

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
Does anybody know if USA will rerun the series? Can't seem to find anything on their website. I missed the last episode due to a power outage and every other scheduled repeat was preempted by the US Open. After watching it all summer, I'm upset that I missed the last one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks