1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Thanks, MGM, for the great Midnight Movies...but don't forget BURN WITCH BURN!

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Dick, Mar 29, 2003.

1. Dick

Dick Producer

Rick
    This is a marvelous, scary film based on Fritz Lieber's Conjure Wife. The excellent Orion Laser contained not only a commentary from screenwriter Richard Matheson, but also the original British title sequence ("Night of the Eagle") and a black-screen audio intro featuring the hilariously over-the-top voice of Paul Frees. While I'm at it, another bug in your ear for SOLDIER BLUE in its widescreen, R-rated edition, please.

2. Peter M Fitzgerald

Peter M Fitzgerald Screenwriter

Peter Fitzgerald
    Another emphatic vote for BURN WITCH BURN on DVD, hopefully with the Image LD's extras (noted in Dick's post above) included, as well as the original theatrical trailer (which was one thing the Image LD version didn't offer).

Also, some much-wanted sci-fi from MGM:

THE QUATERMASS X-PERIMENT (1956)
    PANIC IN YEAR ZERO (1962, 16 x 9 anamorphic)
    THE LAST MAN ON EARTH (1964, 16 x 9 anamorphic)
    MAGNETIC MONSTER (1953)
    GOG (1953)

Not to say that I'm unhappy with the slate of horror goodies that have been announced for release by MGM this August, as they are choice, and I'll definitely be picking up most of them. Thanks much for tackling those, MGM.

3. Donald W

Donald W Stunt Coordinator

yeah I'm hoping that also sooner or latter they put out Witchfinder General*UNCUT please* and Blood on Satan's Claw