What's new

Taxi on DVD? Any chance? (1 Viewer)

ChrisRose

Stunt Coordinator
I was just a toddler during Taxi's original run (1978-1983) so I've only now discovered this series in syndication... and I've fallen in love with it. :) Taxi has this way of making me laugh one moment, then choking me up the next.

Even in it's final season, the writing was so sharp - which impresses me since I've watched many newer shows jump the shark after the first season or two.

Unfortunately channel M isn't airing the episodes in order. I would love to own season box sets! Is anyone else here at HTF interested in seeing Taxi on DVD? Have any of you heard rumours that it's being considered...?

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Back in I'm thinking October, there was a TV on DVD conference, and Paramount showed off a trailor including some of its TV properties, and Taxi was one of them. It was believed that the shows in the trailor would be among those to head to DVD, so it is very likely that Taxi will hit the format eventually.

ChrisRose

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Casey - Thanks for letting me know. That's great news! Makes it easier to wait. :)

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Actually, it was announced as being in the pipeline last week together with Laverne & Shirley and a number of other shows.

Chris:L

Supporting Actor
I can't wait until these great classics, part of the golden-age of television, arrive on DVD

Shows I'd like to see come to dvd:

Taxi
Laverne & Shirley
Happy Days (AYYYY)
Wonder Years (come on, people)
etc.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member

Paramount announced at the October TV-on-DVD conference that Taxi, Happy Days, Mork & Mindy, and many others were in the pipeline for release in 2004-05.

They did NOT mention Laverne & Shirley at that time, nor CSI: Miami.

Late in 2003 I was accessing Paramount's password-protected press/retailer artwork site and saw that they had made room for a CSI: Miami - Season 1 art to go there, although it wasn't there yet and still isn't to this day. But that was enough to know it was in the pipeline, so I posted news that it was coming.

Last week, Paramount added Taxi and Laverne & Shirley to that site, and Patrick at DavisDVD saw it first, so he posted word that those two (and CSI:Miami, which listing he evidently hadn't notice before) were coming.

I relayed the L&S news at TVShowsOnDVD, since it was the only one of the three that was new to our readers. Two days later, Paramount added listings for Happy Days and for Morky & Mindy.

None of those listings have artwork populated in them yet, but I'm keeping my eye on them. As, I'm sure, will every other DVD news site's webmaster who reads this post. :wink:

However, and with apologies to Michael for what I admit is my defensive attitude about this, it's fair to say that anyone who reported on the TV-DVD Conference (and that wasn't just Gord & I) had the info long before last week that most of this was "in the pipeline". Reading through the headlines of our October news stories will catch you up on the others. :D

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Thanks David, that clears it up. I was a bit surprised that the 'news' about Taxi wasn't on your site last week. Now I understand why ;)

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Michael, that's why it's a good idea to use the "News by Show" option on the site. Just click on "News Stories" and you'll see the monthly news items, but there's also a bunch of news options that open up in the menu, including "News by Show." That way you can see all the news for any show you're interested in.

Gord

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks