What's new

SVS Cylinder Subs and Cats do they Go together (1 Viewer)

Travis R.

Agent
I was just wondering if there has been any problems with cats stratching the material on the cylinder subs. It appears to me that cats would love to sharpen their claws on it but I was wondering if anybody has had problems. I have 2 cats and am considering a SVS.

Thanks for your input.

Travis.;)

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
When I went over to rons house to listen to them. He told me 2 things...

A) The material they use is very very durable and doesnt rip easy.

B) As soon as you turn that thing on a cat will stay the hell away from it. :D

Just get your cat declawed.... he he he!

Jeff-Watson

Stunt Coordinator
Actually I thought this would be a problem as well, so when my 17-39 PCI arrived I forced my cat to stay in the room while I played a few shall we say loud bass snipits and he hasn't been back in the room since. I love my cat but my SVS comes first!!:D

terence

Supporting Actor
My wife's cat avoids the twins completly! He knows what there are, and never goes near them. Like Jesse said once you turn it on watch him/her shoot out the room or run to the door trying to get the hell out.

Seth_B

Grip
My cat could care less about the SVS. Never did use it as a scratching post, nor did he attempt to. I think somewhere in the back of his cat-mind, he knows that I would beat him senseless if damaged my beautiful tower.

Funny thing is that the big bass doesn't even scare him. Little guy sleeps right through it. Sometimes an ear twitch, but that's about it.

Mike Bassi

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike Bassi
We have 5 cats and they stay away from our audio stuff for the most part. They at first liked clawing the big screen TV's speaker covers, but if you put a little bit of vinegar on it they will go away, and the smell goes away after a little bit, but enough so that the cats won't go near it, and we have high energy large Hybrid cats. Declawing is a stupid suggestion as it's inhumane. I would rather have them claw the equipment then to take off the cat's knuckles.

Mike

Ron Stimpson

Stunt Coordinator
All,

I don't have cats, but Erik Kroner (E-commerce and Shipping Chief) does and he's likewise never had a problem.

Part is no doubt the forbidding sound, the very tough (yet satiny smooth! ;^) fabric might be part too.

I know this. We've sold thousands and thousands of our cylidner subs and there has not been one damaged by a cat to my knowledge. None.

I'd say that's pretty good data supporting the fact SVS's are at least as cat-friendly as anything in the industry.

Ron

Alan Pummill

Screenwriter
Ron,

We have had our cat for nearly 13 years, and the only thing she has ever done was jump up on top of my PW-2200 once or twice. When I got my Magnepan MG1.6's it worried me.....no problem yet. And when my PC-Ultra arrives (patiently waiting), I hope the cat stays clear of it, or I may have to unleash the mighty roar of a SVS on her.

Ralph B

Supporting Actor
I hate my wifes cats. they scratch everything. thought for sure they would scratch the SVS cylinder. well they have not even looked at it , never mind scratch it. lol :)

they dont like the sound of it much.

Erik.Ha

Supporting Actor
Cool! Now that We've settled that, can anybody tell me how to keep the damned things from peeing on my clothes and barfing on the bed?

Travis R.

Agent
Everybody above thanks for your input.

My wife likes the sleekness of the cylinder sub and as we (husbands/boyfriends) know that if the wife isn't happy I'm not happy and getting her on my side for a sub is a bonus plus she had the cats before I came along so I think I just edge ahead of them and she would be very upset if she found the cats had suddenly disappeared after a small tear in a cylinder sub appeared.

Again thanks for your input.

Travis.

Todd^B

Stunt Coordinator
Enough cat talk.

Do you think my 192lb. Mastiff (dog) would use the sub as a chew toy?

BradZ

Stunt Coordinator
If your cats are like mine- it looks like a cat scratching post and is very expensive- they'll never touch it. Tell them you bought it just for them to scratch on, then leave the box on the floor. Guess which one the cat will play with.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks