1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

SVS 20-39 PCi vs. Adire Dharman

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by WilliamJay, Mar 17, 2002.

1. WilliamJay

WilliamJay Well-Known Member

Well guys, you tell me. If used for both music and HT equally, which would you recommend and why? All opinions appreciated.

Also, what is the minimum watts you would recommend to drive the 20-39 CS version?

Thanks,

Bill

2. Dustin B

Dustin B Well-Known Member

With the original PC series driver and amp, I would have said the Dharman. But with the new driver in the PCi series and the more powerful amp, I'd imagine they are very very close to each other. Both are great drivers in great enclosures with great amps. I'd be basing my decision on appearance and price between the two.

3. ColinM

ColinM Well-Known Member

I run my 20-39 at reference and less quite well with 165 watts into 4 ohms.

You can get away with as little as 50 if you have to, but I wouldn't go too loud for long. I'd say 120 minimum for best results.

4. JoelM

JoelM Well-Known Member

I also was wondering which would be the better buy. The SVS20-39PCI seems to be a very popular sub around here it has a bit more power then the Dharmon. I have had excellent results with my 4 tempests in my SUV from Adire and would expect there Dharman to sound great in the Home also. Adire isn't really "well known" but there drivers are some of the best at great prices.

5. Dustin B

Dustin B Well-Known Member

4 Tempests in a SUV [​IMG]
    I think you would find a Dharman just a little underwhelming. 10L of Vd in an area that small (vs 1.55L Vd in a much larger living room). What kind of power are you putting to them.
    I seem to remember one of them hitting 153dB with 500 watts in a truck cabin. I hope you are careful with those things as they could easily blow out your ear drums :p)

6. EricHaas

EricHaas Well-Known Member

I have heard the Dharman and 25-31pc (not pci). I preferred the Dharman. I tend to think the Dharman might fall a couple average 2 dbs short of the new 20-39, but both are in a very similar performance range. I too would base my decision on price and looks.

7. JoelM

JoelM Well-Known Member

4 Tempests

4.3 box tuned to 23hz each chamber

2 JBL1200

1 HOAlt

3 Layers Sound Deadening

157dbs

Yes, these things make me very sick in a short time. I'm expected Home Subs to be a lot different...but anything would be better then a boseaucus10...Why did I buy that 4 years ago?