What's new

Survivor - Blood vs. Water Season 27 (1 Viewer)

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Colby intensely disliked Keith and didn't feel he deserved third place much less the million dollars. He felt that between screwing over Tina and Jerri's badmouthing, enough people could be swayed to vote "Not Colby" and allow Keith to win, and he felt he couldn't live with himself if that happened. The fear of that outcome drove him to taking Tina to the finals.

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
First time ever that I remember a smart vote in survivor when a bunch of tribes mates are dealing with a bully. Well done!

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
Maybe it's only because the two themes work well together, but returnees and loved ones works. Redemption Island works. I am really looking forward to the redemption island challenge next week.

And I guess opposites attract for Caleb and Colton, because they are nothing alike. That was a perceptive and bold move. So often, the plan to blindside the tribe leader falls apart. This one should have fallen apart too, as the safe play was Ciera, but I guess the sting of "getting Johned" was too fresh. Great ep.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
Just can't get over how well done that was by Caleb to swing not only the girls on the spot, but win over Vidas on the revote. Great timing.

Also, I have to say that was an unexpected, but very classy exit by Brad. He admitted he made a mistake and told everyone no hard feelings. It might have been gameplay, but we don't see it done that way very often. I guess all those years playing football taught him how to lose with grace.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I think having played NFL games for millions of dollars imparts the perspective of losing with grace. :D

NolanJ

Second Unit
Maybe I'm in the minority but I don't think Culpepper was a bully at all. He definitely took a leadership role and often times that is misconstrued as bullying.

I hope he knocks out one of the married members on Redemption Island. Candice's personal attacks were difficult to watch and you would think someone who had played the game before would have a little more grace and integrity than to start flipping birds and making personal attacks.

Culpepper, not that is is relevant at all to this show, is a pretty prominent attorney in the Tampa area.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
NolanJ said:
Maybe I'm in the minority but I don't think Culpepper was a bully at all. He definitely took a leadership role and often times that is misconstrued as bullying.
I agree with you and think it is absurd to call him a bully.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
Patrick Sun said:
I think having played NFL games for millions of dollars imparts the perspective of losing with grace. :D
I'd like to think it's all of the years of playing a team sport and learning sportsmanship, not just the time in the nfl making a lot of money. Incidentally, he made a lot of money by regular people standards, but not by nfl standards. He was a late round pick (he was taken in the 10th and they don't even draft past the 7th round anymore) and I don't think ever made $1 million in a single year. He played for 9 years. I'm guessing, but he probably made the league minimum for much of his career.

PS - and I saw the smiley face, Patrick, but just wanted to put out there that he's not a stereotypical spoiled millionaire athlete.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
NolanJ said:

I hope he knocks out one of the married members on Redemption Island. Candice's personal attacks were difficult to watch and you would think someone who had played the game before would have a little more grace and integrity than to start flipping birds and making personal attacks.

Culpepper, not that is is relevant at all to this show, is a pretty prominent attorney in the Tampa area.
Agree with you on that one. Just because some body got "johned. most off them see, to have been group decisions. Other than that woman constantly bitching about "Culpepper" I think he's playing a fair game, just using good strategy.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
[survivor producer] Hey! I've got an idea!

You know what would make for some really interesting television? I mean, we really need to spice up this whole Redemption Island thing, right?

Whaddya say we have the three contestants walk on a balance beam, untie bags of--wait for it--puzzle pieces. But HERE'S the best part. These won't really be puzzle pieces. They'll be tiles numbered 1 through 100. And you know what they'll have to do?!? Put the tiles in numerical order! Wow! Won't that be exciting?!?

The ratings will be through the roof! Especially in that highly coveted demographic of three-year-olds who are learning their numbers.

It's gonna be great. Putting numbers in numerical order! YES!!! [/survivor producer]

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
^^^ :lol:

Plus - the HII is completely worthless this season apparently. I know many are ok with that, but it seems like a complete waste of time allowing the RI winner to "gift" the clue to someone whom they want to see lose and then see said giftee promptly burn the clue in the fire.

Kudos to Vitas for knowing how to manipulate women by being "vulnerable."

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
ChristopherG said:
Kudos to Vitas for knowing how to manipulate women by being "vulnerable."
But then he wrecked it by admitting to it at tribal council. That's a clear violation of the man code. :laugh:

John Stell

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Stell
Mike Frezon said:
[survivor producer] Hey! I've got an idea!

You know what would make for some really interesting television? I mean, we really need to spice up this whole Redemption Island thing, right?

Whaddya say we have the three contestants walk on a balance beam, untie bags of--wait for it--puzzle pieces. But HERE'S the best part. These won't really be puzzle pieces. They'll be tiles numbered 1 through 100. And you know what they'll have to do?!? Put the tiles in numerical order! Wow! Won't that be exciting?!?

The ratings will be through the roof! Especially in that highly coveted demographic of three-year-olds who are learning their numbers.

It's gonna be great. Putting numbers in numerical order! YES!!! [/survivor producer]
Not only that, we'll divide the numbers over 3 bags so it won't be too overwhelming.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
John Stell said:
Not only that, we'll divide the numbers over 3 bags so it won't be too overwhelming.
:laugh:

My wife said that! She noted that it maybe...maybe...maybe...could have led to an interesting race against each other if they had to unload all three bags at the end of the event and that maybe the pressure would have caused someone to screw up, but...

...nah. It still wouldn't have made any difference. I still wonder who ever would have greenlighted that nonsense.

Here's what Dalton Ross wrote in his Survivor episode recap on Entertainment Weekly:
The (competition) involves racing across a balance beam while collecting bags of number tiles which must then be arranged in the proper order of 1-100. It is seriously the most idiot-proof puzzle in the history of puzzles. You basically have to know how to count and that’s pretty much it.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Wish they'd give it a rest with all the "puzzle" challenges. Have they done anything new in the past few years?

Even next week looks like another one of those stunts where they climb a pole and see how long they can stay up, keeping their feet in the little notches carved into the poles. Definitely designed to dump the men because they have bigger feet and can't fit into the little notches for support as well as the women can.

But even that challenge we've seen time after time. Puzzles, tossing things at tiles, untying knots... Time for a little more creativity from the producers, some of this stuff is getting really old and repetitive.

Would like to see Aras or Vitas win, but it's going to be a tough fight, especially with Tina and her daughter still there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks