What's new

Superman: The Ultimate Collection DVD Set (2 Viewers)

honestjohn

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce
Just ordered mine. That HAS to be the lowest price this set will go for. Not counting coupons of course.

Congrats PaulP. You nailed it. Have you been rubbing those Crystal Ballz of yours again.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Nah, nothing supernatural guys. An educated guess. Just 30% of MSRP, as per Amazon's usual discount ;)

P.S.: $68.89 with A9 active.

Porfirio

Second Unit
If I were to pre-order this set using their super saver shipping option, would it still arrive on or around release date? The reason I ask this is because I have never ordered from amazon.com.

Thanks in advanced.

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don
Just ordered mine from Amazon with a gift certificate I was hanging onto for just this purpose. $32 for me!

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
This is a thing of beauty. I cannot wait.

I'm tempted to preorder from Amazon, but part of me is saying, hey, pay the extra few bucks that a store would charge so you can have it the instant it comes out. I only wish it was coming out before the Thanksgiving weekend so I'd have all that time off to enjoy it. But that's a minor quibble. This is awesome.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Porfirio, it depends on where you are located in regards to their fullfilment centers. For instance, I'm in NJ and they have one in DE. I've been using Amazon for a long time (since 1999), and every preorder I have placed with free shipping (every order since they introduced it) has usually shipped on Sunday or Monday of release and I had it delivered Tuesday or Wednesday. Sometimes even on Monday, but rarely.

John Morgan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
I was comparing my list of Paramount cartoons on the Image release to the list mentioned for this release. It seems they are all there with the exception of the first cartoon that Image identifies as SUPERMAN (The pilot film, release 9-26-41 * time 10:22.) So, Image seems to have 17 cartoons and the WB release seems to have 16, or am I missing something?
Thanks....

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
My only quibble in that the serials aren't included. A geat set at a great price, I was going to pass on these, but now that's it's packaged correctly, I can't wait to get it.

Porfirio

Second Unit
Thanks Paul. I live in Los Angeles, so I hope amazon has a full-filment center some where in or near California.

Dougieha

Agent
Real Name
Doug H.
They have one in Seattle and one in Sparks, NV (outside of Reno, which is where most of their new releases on the West Coast ship from).

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
I believe Amazon has one in Fernley, NV (near Reno)...

Edit--I see Dougieha beat me to it...although it is technically in Fernley. ;)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
This looks like the movie-DVD set of the year. Glad to see it is coming, despite some doubts there for a while.

Colby

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Colby
Something interesting: check out the new ad at Superman Cinema. Looks like the S-shield on the Superman II cover is back to the original version (and not the flattened Returns version).

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
PaulP's Post indicated that the set will have the 9 Fleischer and 8 Famous Studios cartoons, so you may not be missing something, but maybe the description of the set you read was.

Regards,

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
We that have the HD A1 will only be able to enjoy "Superman Returns, Superman and Superman 2-DC." If you already have the original box set of all 4, it'll be really tough to triple dip!!!

What I'll really like to see is the 17 cartoons in HD!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks