What's new

Superboy is Coming (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
http://www.homemediaretailing.com/ne...rticle_id=8587
Warner's classic release slate also includes...a lavish 14-disc “Superman” set that features the famed “Richard Donner” cut of Superman II, up to 40% longer than the theatrical version. Donner was fired 70% into the shoot, and much of what he filmed has been locked away in the vaults. Newly restored footage includes an alternate opening in which Lois Lane suspects Clark Kent is the Man of Steel and then almost dies trying to prove it.

Angela_K

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Angela
From Superman Homepage:

The Superman Homepage is pleased to be able to reveal that Warner Home Video will be releasing more Superman DVD sets on June 20th.

Tuesday June 20th will see the release of "Lois & Clark: The Complete Third Season", "The Adventures of Superman: Seasons 3 & 4", and the long-awaited "Superboy: Season 1" DVD sets.

We'll bring you bonus material information and DVD box art as soon as they become available.

ZackR

Supporting Actor
Excellent news!! Can't wait for Superboy Season 1. I actually preferred John Haymes Newton, though I enjoyed (and will purchase) all the seasons.
:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

FrankPitt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Frank
I still haven't received mine, although 'Eight is Enough' season two - which I ordered several days after pre-ordering Superboy & Wonder Woman is already on the way. As of today, the WB Shop tracking page shows my order as "in process." I'd hoped that by pre-ordering, I'd receive pressed discs, but the delay might mean otherwise.

Avilos

Auditioning
Real Name
Tom Soliva
So what is the difference between pressed discs and DVD - R in terms of quality?
I wonder what the sales like this will be compared to other WB archives releases. It took a long time for my order to be shipped, I preordered and it did not ship out until Yesterday.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Avilos said:
So what is the difference between pressed discs and DVD - R in terms of quality?
quote]

In terms of picture quality, I'm not sure I see a difference. The big selling point is that many members here believe the pressed discs are more DURABLE and STABLE, and not as likely to suddenly become unplayable on DVD machines.

FrankPitt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Frank
My Superboy S2 set arrived today and I'm happy to say the discs are pressed! (The Woman Woman movie was not, but that was less of a concern.)

mark27b

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Pledger
My box set from Amazon.com has just arrived in the UK and they are purple DVD-Rs and not pressed discs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks