What's new

Stargate SG-1 New season (1 Viewer)

DwightK

Second Unit
No, not really. Just Sam asking to help on a puzzle and sitting down.

Good episope overall. Closed two issues and opened up another.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Well it was nice to see real credit openings for both SG-1 and Atlantis (instead of those 10 second jobbies). Looks like Sci-fi may have given up 30 seconds to show an extra promo.

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
Orlin doesn't recognize her when she approaches his table and he asks her who she is. IOW, he has regressed so far that he has lost his prior memories (fade to black).

Cavan.B

Stunt Coordinator
Nice episode. The scene between Teal'c and Gerak at the memorial on Chulak was very good, nicely acted. Great to see William B. Davis again, he had a good scene with Orlin where he mentions his former family.

This premiere was less action packed than I was expecting, but well-written and performed, and more emotional than usual.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Great episode. At least the virus issue was resolved. But now the Ori are coming to battle the Ancients?? :eek:

That should make for one very interesting battle.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I watched last weeks episode. I didnt see the episode before the break so could someone please explain what happened with this kid who had tranformed himself?
Ben is really channeling J.C.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Last Friday's episode was fun wasn't it? A bit heavy on the sci-fi mumbo jumbo coming out of Carter's mouth but fun nonetheless.

Didn't understand much how a black hole/worm hole caused SG-1 teams from other parallel universes to come through the stargate from "our" SG command but it was funny seeing all those Carters, Jacksons, Tealcs and Mitchells walking around.

It was good to see some faces from the past pop up.

I'm surprised there's not much discussion going on. I just love this show.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Yeah, I didn't think they would lose the Prometheus but the episode title, Ethon, was a bit of a give away, in terms of something bad happening to the it. (In Greek Mythology, after Prometheus gave fire to humanity he was punished by the other gods by being chained to a mountain peak and an eagle named Ethon flew by everyday and pecked out his liver. Since he was immortal, the organ grew back each night.)

I guess it was pretty realistic that the Rand and the Caledonians finished each other off, but it lessened the impact of the sacrifice of Pendergast and the other crew members lost. At least Stargate Command is on notice that the Ori has made their Asgardian shield technology useless.

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

At least the prometheus took 3 hits to finish it off. :)

Sad to see it go ... but the sets can still be used for the daedelus ...

I still find the series to be very enjoyable and a heck of a way to start off the Sci Fi Friday line up.

Of course the asgard seem to be absent what with the ORI incursions into the Galaxy.

Regards

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Personally, I thought it was pretty stupid of them not to assume that there was going to be some "enhancements" to the satellite. You just knew it wasn't going to be that simple that they were just going to go in there and blow it up.

I also thought Daniel was being very naive. Yeah, sure you can leave a weapon active between two nations that have been at war with each other in forever. Too bad they couldn't do any actual supervision because of the Prometheus getting axed..

Jason

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
All of a sudden the Asgard don't look so powerful anymore. :)

I wonder if the Ori will make an appearance soon.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor

Explained as rebuilding their society in their own galaxy.

While Ethon was a good episode overall, it's sorely missing the Jack/Daniel dynamic. Too much agreein' goin' on.

Michael TLV

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

It's season 9.5 ... too late to stop the agreeing ...

Mitchell joined the group literally as a SG1 Groupie ...

Only Dr. Lam is the perpetual grumpy one.

Mind you, having episodes like "The Other Guys" doesn't help since it portrays SG1 as a group of invincible super heroes that all others worship. (Funny as heck for an episode though)

Now how did they get those X303 fighters back home without the Prometheus? (Probably Deadaleus ...)

Regards

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
howdy folx, i think this is the official season9 thread.:):emoji_thumbsup:.

i dunno if this has been brought up before but have you folx notice that SG1 is a repository of past SF shows? think about it: Andromeda, Star Trek TNG, Enterprise, Farscape, the list goes on. it's very interesting that the "leftovers" have come over.

how'd you guys like last week's ep? i don't like the lingering gauld story thread. ba'al and his clones are just wrecking the prior storyline, imho.

this friday's a BUG episode =). they haven't done it in a while. they're also following SGA =). gotta have a bug ep once in a while! =).

Michael TLV

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

I haven't gotten over the loss of the prometheus and bam!!! They have the Odyssey on line already.

Too many Bocci balls ... but still fun for blowing things up good. They all use energy weapons and we use missiles and rail guns ... hmmmm

I guess now they have more stargates in reserve than they need ... ha ha ha

Loved the dialog between the General and Maury's character.

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks