1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Stacking components. Are there "feet" to extend height for ventilation?

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Wishoosier, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Wishoosier

Wishoosier Member

Due to space constraints, I need to put my new blu-ray player on top of the receiver. The receiver puts out a lot of heat, and I'd like to bump up the blu-ray player for my peace of mind. Does anything exist to aid in this? My wife talked to friendly folks at Best Buy, and no specific product was recommended, and we're prepared to jerry-rig something, but I'd like to avoid it if there's something out there that could solve this. Player is a new Samsung BD 5300; receiver is old (plan to replace it eventually) Sony. It's 10 years old. Is the heat output less on a newer receiver?

2. Adam Gregorich

Owner

Adam
    Welcome to HTF Kevin. You could try something like this. It gives you an extra 2" in height and are $28 at Amazon.

[​IMG]

3. Wishoosier

Wishoosier Member

Interesting. Thanks.

4. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Well-Known Member

Jim
    Some people use hockey pucks.

5. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne A. Pflughaupt Well-Known Member

Wayne
    Raising the blu-ray player will help ventilation for the receiver, but the player will still be catching all the rising heat. That can’t be good for it – there needs to be some physical isolation. I just built a little wooden shelf to get me a few inches clearance for the receiver and insulate the components above from the heat. Regards, Wayne A. Pflughaupt [​IMG]

6. maxstopper

maxstopper New Member

there are some good external diy fan setups that ive seen before. not sure how hot your reciever gets.. but i wouldnt put my blu ray player on top of my receiver