What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

South Park: Stick of Truth (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Ok, I figured this should get a thread so there could be a bit of a discussion on it ;) (really, so I could get tips from Sam, at least).
So, I'm playing on the PC, downloaded from Steam. The game is fun, but despite everyone online saying 'oh the battles are so easy' I'm having the exact opposite experience.. I'm using the XBOX controller on the PC and I can't block anything. My character gets beat to hell quickly in most battles, and some are just so nutty I can't hardly get out of them without eating 5+ cheesy poofs while I'm taking insane damage on every punch from a bad guy. (It's hard when you've got 240HP, and an alien gets off 180HP of damage in one turn)

Sam, have you figured this out? I ended up having to scrap one game and start over because by the time I got captured by the anal probing aliens I forgot to go home at night with a stack of cheesypoofs and snacky cakes, and those battles just destroy my character.. it's no win time.

The negative is everywhere I read on this game, it's always 'the battles are too easy'... Hmm.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I made it a little bit better moving my controller over to a USB2 port from a USB3 port. The only thing I really figured out is that playing with a keyboard is MUCH better, though I find the controls awkward. But fighting the alien anal probe, just press the "A" button at the same time you are pressing the "S" button on the keyboard.. makes it a lot easier.
I got ass-raped (literally) like REPEATEDLY until I figured that one out. The entire jokes in that sequence just kill me. Definitely stock up on snacky cakes.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Oh god, battling the underwear nomes. CLASSIC stuff. Just classic stuff.

There are so many elements to this, definitely search for everything, and don't miss our on Cartman's mom's room and all of the side quests. Some great damn jokes.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I'm going to be getting this for PS3, so I'm holding off until there's some patch. Reviews say the game is awesome and hilarious but really buggy.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
On the PC is it insanely buggy. Going through their forums, it seems like a lot of people who use the XBOX Controller on a PC are really getting killed by it. It's really funny. but the inability to handle basic functions in the game is annoying

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
It seems that every game this developer has ever made is really buggy. I can't understand why they haven't been able to somehow fix that or improve it somehow.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
And.. I've beaten the game. I'm not sure if the PS3/XBOX versions are the same as the PC version.. if they are it has to set entirely new grounds for the use of language and scenes in those versions.. I mean, how often are you going to have a game where you walk in on

(not for the squeamish the below, so spoilered)

Walk in on a guy having sex with a cow?
A scene where a doctor debates abortion practices.
Two abortion sequences
A Pedophile molesting boys where you have no choice but to go along until you beat the hell out of him
A fight scene where you are crushed by your parents having sex on top of you
A scene where Khloe Kardashian has the 'biggest abortion of all time' and her zombified, hitler worshiping baby tries to beat the hell out of you.
A scene where you fight your way through sex toys, condoms and other 'traps' in the way to get to a nuclear weapon inside a man's ass
It did not disappoint in going for as outrageous as possible; but I have to admit, it everything in the PC version was included in the console versions, then I'm going to have to wait for organizations to start announcing how outraged they are.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The German and Australian versions of the game are censored, but otherwise every platform has the same game.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I watched a couple of game clips and I have to admit that I failed to see the appeal of this. Performing an abortion as game play? And when did that subject ever become funny? I had to shut it off after a couple of minutes because I couldn't see anything funny about an abortion procedure.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Are you a fan of the show? I've read that the game is basically fan service so anyone who isn't already into the source material won't appreciate it.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Morgan Jolley said:
Are you a fan of the show? I've read that the game is basically fan service so anyone who isn't already into the source material won't appreciate it.
I'm not a diehard fan of it, but I have watched it from time to time. I have found that it has had plenty of funny stuff in it. I guess I just draw the line at abortion and pedophilia when it comes to humour. I just can't find anything funny in those two subjects.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I'm not sure about the exact context of those topics in the game, but usually the show uses controversial subjects for one of two reasons: to point out how ridiculous people are when it comes to discussing those topics or to use them as metaphors for something else. For example: they used people dying on the toilet as a way to eventually criticize the TSA's invasive pat downs and x-ray machines. So it could be that those items are in a greater context that makes more sense in the game.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Well, in the case of the game, (major spoiler below)

There are two abortion sequences; the first in which you have to give a man a fake 'abortion' to prove you're a real doctor as nazi-zombies have taken over unplanned parenthood; and the second 'abortion' occurs inside a gay man's rectum as you force a nuclear bomb to abort it's launch codes, for a wild play on words.

You do have to kill a lot of nazi-zombie aborted fetuses though, including Khloe Kardashian's monstrous giant fetus zombie.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks