What's new

Source for Sony LCD RP projector bulbs (1 Viewer)

Joey Skinner

Second Unit
My bulb blew today and I was wondering is there any way to pick one of these up locally (Dallas TX area) or will I have to order it? I called a few retailers (Best Buy, etc.) and had no luck.

Eric Alderson

Stunt Coordinator
Try calling the closest Sony repair center. In my experience, I have had to order them from Best Buy's (888-BEST-BUY?) part search. I had a problem locating a bulb for a Sharp brand projector.

Joey Skinner

Second Unit
I ended up ordering online. I tried some TV repair places and everyone said I would have to mail order it. I really wanted to get the bulb yesterday so I could watch the Mavericks/Suns game in HD. Instead I got to watch the Mavs get destroyed on my 27" CRT instead of 42" high definition so maybe that wasn't too bad. I just thought that bulb would be available for over the counter sale. I guess buying TV parts isn't like buying parts for an car.:frowning:

PeterTHX

Senior HTF Member

Never was.
Next time, get the extended warranty. My TV (Sony KDF-60XS955) from Circuit City is covered for at least one lamp replacement.

Make sure you have a good line filter/conditioner (NOT a "surge strip") as well. Power spikes/noise can cause premature lamp failure.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks