1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Source for Sony LCD RP projector bulbs

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Joey Skinner, May 8, 2005.

1. Joey Skinner

Joey Skinner Well-Known Member

My bulb blew today and I was wondering is there any way to pick one of these up locally (Dallas TX area) or will I have to order it? I called a few retailers (Best Buy, etc.) and had no luck.

2. Eric Alderson

Eric Alderson Well-Known Member

Try calling the closest Sony repair center. In my experience, I have had to order them from Best Buy's (888-BEST-BUY?) part search. I had a problem locating a bulb for a Sharp brand projector.

3. Joey Skinner

Joey Skinner Well-Known Member

I ended up ordering online. I tried some TV repair places and everyone said I would have to mail order it. I really wanted to get the bulb yesterday so I could watch the Mavericks/Suns game in HD. Instead I got to watch the Mavs get destroyed on my 27" CRT instead of 42" high definition so maybe that wasn't too bad. I just thought that bulb would be available for over the counter sale. I guess buying TV parts isn't like buying parts for an car.[​IMG]

4. PeterTHX

PeterTHX Well-Known Member

Never was.
    Next time, get the extended warranty. My TV (Sony KDF-60XS955) from Circuit City is covered for at least one lamp replacement.

Make sure you have a good line filter/conditioner (NOT a "surge strip") as well. Power spikes/noise can cause premature lamp failure.