Source for Sony LCD RP projector bulbs

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Joey Skinner, May 8, 2005.

1. Joey Skinner

Joey Skinner Second Unit

My bulb blew today and I was wondering is there any way to pick one of these up locally (Dallas TX area) or will I have to order it? I called a few retailers (Best Buy, etc.) and had no luck.

2. Eric Alderson

Eric Alderson Stunt Coordinator

Try calling the closest Sony repair center. In my experience, I have had to order them from Best Buy's (888-BEST-BUY?) part search. I had a problem locating a bulb for a Sharp brand projector.

3. Joey Skinner

Joey Skinner Second Unit

I ended up ordering online. I tried some TV repair places and everyone said I would have to mail order it. I really wanted to get the bulb yesterday so I could watch the Mavericks/Suns game in HD. Instead I got to watch the Mavs get destroyed on my 27" CRT instead of 42" high definition so maybe that wasn't too bad. I just thought that bulb would be available for over the counter sale. I guess buying TV parts isn't like buying parts for an car.[​IMG]

4. PeterTHX

PeterTHX Cinematographer

Never was.
    Next time, get the extended warranty. My TV (Sony KDF-60XS955) from Circuit City is covered for at least one lamp replacement.

Make sure you have a good line filter/conditioner (NOT a "surge strip") as well. Power spikes/noise can cause premature lamp failure.