What's new

Sony Rita Hayworth Box (1 Viewer)

haroldS

Stunt Coordinator
It's been three weeks since the last inquiry. Sony/Columbia has announced the "Bad Girl's of Noir" collections for 2/9/2010, yet not a word on Rita Hayworth, originally set for 2/23/2010, along with Columbia Film Noir volume two. Volume one of the latter appears to have been critically and sales wise well received. I presume Sony hasn't forgotten them, but doesn't intend to release them, at least in February. They still on sale at the Amazon. Sony should make clear what their intentions are.

GeorgeJA

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
George Agnos
Originally Posted by Simon Howson

I thought Film Noir 2 became the two Bad Girls of Film Noir releases?
No. There was supposed to be a Volume 2 Film Noir set with IN A LONELY PLACE, NIGHTFALL, CITY OF FEAR, PUSHOVER, and THE BROTHERS RICO.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I want to know about the NEW HOLLYWOOD COLLECTION with Head, Drive He Said, Last Picture Show and others!!!

I truly hope that this is still on the schedule, and sooner than later!!!

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Originally Posted by GeorgeJA

No. There was supposed to be a Volume 2 Film Noir set with IN A LONELY PLACE, NIGHTFALL, CITY OF FEAR, PUSHOVER, and THE BROTHERS RICO.

Didn't that get pushed to mid 2010?

Simon Howson

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by DeWilson

Didn't that get pushed to mid 2010?
It wouldn't surprise me. Bad Girls of Film Noir is 8 films! Surely that will cover the Noir budget for at least the first 3 months of the year.

What we really need is the new Gilda transfer released on Blu-ray. :D

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Yes! Couldn't agree more! The sooner the better!

Originally Posted by Simon Howson

What we really need is the new Gilda transfer released on Blu-ray. :D

Marcel H.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marcel
I preordered this set back in August when it was first listed at Amazon.com.... It's time for an official release date.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Our sources at Sony have informed me that Rita will most
likely be available the second half of 2010. It is currently
being delayed due to normal schedule changes and
additional work.

Also, Noir Classics 2 will come out in 2010 in addition
to the two Bad Girls volumes.

Marcel H.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marcel
Thanks for the update regarding Rita and the webiste, Ron. I'm really excited what other Columbia Classics might get a release this year and are still unknown.

marcco00

Supporting Actor
Real Name
marc
wow, i pre-ordered this set from amazon last may, and it has been postponed twice now!!

i can only hope-dream really- that the delay may be due to sony adding more films to the set..... i mean, how long can it take to film a special feature short?

i hope sony will expand this set to match the size and scope of the william castle box set from last year. that would be nice.

and i know they are working on remastering 'the lady from shanghai'..... that and the two astaire-hayworth musicals (remastered) added to this set would be fantastic and worth the wait.

Richard M S

Screenwriter
I just checked Amazon and I did not see a release date yet for this box set; does anyone else have an update? I am so looking forward to purchasing it, whenever it is released.

marcco00

Supporting Actor
Real Name
marc
on walmart's website it says: "preorder this item today and it should ship on 05/04/2010". i will just wait for sony to make an official announcement. if they hurry up i just might buy two sets.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
I'll wait for the Blu-ray 3D release of Miss Sadie Thompson. Of course if this problem they are having with 3-D ghosting on the first Blu-ray 3D release of Monsters vs. Aliens is not fixed I'll pass.

haroldS

Stunt Coordinator
It's time again to ask the question. When is the Rita Hayworth Collection going to be released? The latest speculation I read is November. Can anyone confirm?

Richard M S

Screenwriter
Up until a few weeks ago Amazon had no date listed; now it clearly (and finally) lists a release date of November 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks