What's new

Sony Rita Hayworth Box (1 Viewer)

James 'Tiger' Lee

Second Unit
Real Name
James Lee
What on earth does sophistry mean anyway? Is it a posh way of calling someone a liar or a fool or a sweet transvestite?

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Sophism can mean two very different things: In the modern definition, a sophism is a confusing or illogical argument used for deceiving someone. In Ancient Greece, the sophists were a group of teachers of philosophy and rehetoric.
The term sophism originated from Greek sophistēs, meaning "wise-ist", one who "does" wisdom, one who makes a business out of wisdom (sophós means "wise man").

You pick the meaning.

James 'Tiger' Lee

Second Unit
Real Name
James Lee
I see no deciet in Simon's posts, just a differing point of view. But the accuser does have an unfortunate tendency to lash out on those with differing opinions, which is a shame because he has some really interesting things to say, they're just hidden amongst the raving, false accusations and dodgy views.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
'Tiger' - What you said is exactly why I enjoy this forum. You get good news and different points of view and opinions. Sometimes my mind is changed and sometimes it is not. Any lashing does not bother me as long as it is kept civil, for it is just another opinion and if we all had the same opinion, this would be a very dull world.

I do agree that film is an art form and can be a visual poem. But as with all art, it is only art in the eye of the beholder.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Originally Posted by ahollis

But as with all art, it is only art in the eye of the beholder.
In the context of this particular discussion that should be "..in the eyes of the beholder."

Cees

GregK

Screenwriter
This movie looks excellent in 3-D.

You don't need things thrown at the screen for the process to be "relevant".

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
"Thrown from the screen," you mean. But MISS SADIE THOMPSON is so ho-hum in any dimension I'm sure audiences have thrown things at the screen.

GregK

Screenwriter
To clarify, I did mean "thrown at the screen" not in a literal meaning, but as "thrown at the camera". The distinction is with cheaply produced 3-D features, things intended to be "thrown from the screen" often fail to do so.

In either case, you've stated you don't care for Sadie in 2D or 3D, so it's all moot, isn't it?

haroldS

Stunt Coordinator
Is there any confirmed release date for the Colombia Rita Hayworth set? I notice that Amazon is taking orders, but, without a release date, it doesn't mean anything.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
I'll wait for the 3-D version of Miss Sadie Thompson to come out on Blu-ray which should be in 2010/2011.

Marcel H.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marcel
Originally Posted by haroldS

Is there any confirmed release date for the Colombia Rita Hayworth set? I notice that Amazon is taking orders, but, without a release date, it doesn't mean anything.
It was mentioned somewhere - don't know where exactly - that it was pushed back till February and Valentine's Day but no idea, whether the release date has been fixed. DVDAficionado lists it with a February 23rd release date.

Corey

Screenwriter
A Joan Crawford set would be nice, too with:

-Queen Bee
-They All Kissed the Bride
-Autumn Leaves
-Strait Jacket
-The Story of Esther Costello

I also heard rumors of Sony doing a Craig's Wife/Harriet Craig double feature, as well as releasing Mae West's The Heat's On and Ladies of the Chorus with Marilyn Monroe.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Originally Posted by Corey

A Joan Crawford set would be nice, too with:

-Queen Bee
-They All Kissed the Bride
-Autumn Leaves
-Strait Jacket
-The Story of Esther Costello

I also heard rumors of Sony doing a Craig's Wife/Harriet Craig double feature, as well as releasing Mae West's The Heat's On and Ladies of the Chorus with Marilyn Monroe.
Since we got Strait Jacket in the recent William Castle Collection, how about Berserk instead. Very camp horror at the circus film. The opening title sequence is just great with the body of a trapeze artist swinging from an accidental noose and as he swings, the title wipes in after him.

Marcel H.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marcel
Count me in for a possible Joan Crawford set but as ahollis pointed it out, Berserk would be an interesting addition that might not have a chance to see a release outside of a set.

Corey

Screenwriter
I'm down for Berserk. I wasn't aware that Strait Jacket had been put in the William Castle collection.

Marcel H.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marcel
Any update? Is it coming out on the 23rd of February as written at MoviesUnlimited and DVDAF?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks