What's new

So You Think You Can Dance - Season 11 (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Hanson said:
Last week's MJ show was pretty awful in that respect -- it seemed like each choreographer was trying to pick the most boring MJ song they could come up with.
Glad it wasn't just me. I didn't understand why they were picking such lousy MJ songs. I don't need Thriller, but give me something I'd actually listen to if it were on the radio.

Ok, I did like Dirty Diana

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
One more go back:
I love this routine! It's skeezy and lecherous...and fantastic! What great performance by both Jess and Twitch, with bit of music that drills in and takes over my brain.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
How did All-Star Allison not win her season? (I can't remember if I started watching with season 2 or 3).

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Not only didn't she win, but she was booted at top 8. So she didn't even sniff the finals. I was heartbroken -- she was my favorite dancer that season.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, she's taken those bumps in the road, and turned into a fab dancer, rarely does any of her partners out-dance her on the show.

Zach and Valerie's dance was solid. Zach and Rickey's dance was fun. The rest were good, though.

Rickey should win next week.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
I thought Valerie was a wreck through most of the routines save her solo and the tap duet. She was often out of sync, and her arms were almost always terrible.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
That's the season! Rickey won! This is the surest I've been through most the season who the winner would be. He pulled ahead early on, and never had a bad dance to let the other dancers really threaten him.Tonight's best-of had some great dances. The closing group dance was tremendous fun. The energy was palpable, the dancers amped and having a blast. Jessie Tyler Ferguson's skit was really funny! Usually this sort of celebrity goof is badly written, badly performed, and overstays its welcome. But i was laughing with him all the way through. Looking forward to season 12 :)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
And just because I can say it: Jess's favorite dance was set to an Over the Rhine song. I saw them perform about 20 years ago at Cornerstone festival. They had one of my all-time favorite jams closing out their stage, with "If I'm Drowning"It's fun and surprising to see their name pop up on a big TV show :)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I saw them perform in a much more intimate venue about 15 years ago. There were maybe 100 people in attendance. It was pretty nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks