What's new

So....tell me about FUTURAMA (1 Viewer)

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
Great show, Ron. I'm curious about the upcoming DVD. I'd love to read a review.

Neil

James Reader

Screenwriter
If people really want to see how well the set is done, it has been available for months in other regions with the exact same specs.

I know the quality of the transfers etc may well be different on the R1 release - but you will get a good idea as to the quality of the supplements from searching the web and looking for the R2 or R4 reviews of the set.

Thank-you.

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
Ron,

Please, please, please review this title!! :D

Futurama is one of my favorite shows (although it's quite unfortunate the way Fox has handled it).

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
I wholeheartedly agree with the majority of folks. FUTURAMA is a great show that has never been given a fair shake by Fox.

Timothy Alexander

Second Unit
Wow, Ron. Never heard of Futurama? It's a extremely funny series made by the creators of The Simpsons. Certainly one of my favorite animated series ever. Constantly brilliant and witty and sometimes actually passes Simpsons in terms of great stories and characters. Watch it, you'll enjoy the hell out of it.

JimmyK

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim
I would also love to see your review of Futurama, although unless there's something seriously wrong with it, I will by it anyway!

Also, if you happen to get Family Guy seasons 1&2, I would love to see a review of that also.

Keep up the great work you do! I hope you know it is greatly appreciated by many of us out here!

JimmyK

Iain Jackson

Second Unit
Is it just me, or does anyone else get the feeling that Ron may be using a hint of sarcasm in his post? :D

Of course I could be wrong (I often am), but that's just my personal opinion...

TedT

Second Unit
Just as funny as the Simpsons. Sometimes funnier. Especially if you're a sci-fi nerd like me.

Zane Charron

Second Unit
Yes, review it. I have both seasons on R2. It's absolutely one of the most funny and clever shows on TV.

"We're whalers on the moon..."

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
"I'm gonna kick your ass!!"

"We have long since evolved beyond the need for asses."

P.S. That's a line from an episode right? :) I didn't imagine it. I think Fry was up against these super-intelligent brain monsters or something and I remember laughing out loud at this line.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Bender: "Hey! What kind of party is this? There's no booze and only one hooker!"

Leela: "Bender, why are you spending so much time in the bathroom?
Are you jacking on in there?"

Bender: "No! Don't come in!"

Ken Seeber

Supporting Actor
From when the professor was showing everyone his new invention, the smelloscope (I'm paraphrasing):

Fry: "Pretty cool, as long as you don't point it at Uranus."

Prof: "Silly boy, it hasn't been called Uranus in 800 years."

Fry: "Why?"

Prof: "Because we scientists were tired of all the stupid Uranus jokes."

Fry: "What's it called now?"

Prof: "Urectum."

Tom_Bechet

Second Unit
It's an absolute brilliant show.
Living in R2land I'm lucky enough to own Season 1 and 2 and they are great, just a shame that Fox pulled the plug after season4:frowning:

Always starts with a funny: GOOD NEWS EVERYONE

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
My son is the Futurama expert in our house and we hardly can wait for it's release (he already has all episodes on his PC as cough.. legal ..cough AVI-files).

Cees

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks