What's new

so many hdmi cables! (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Dan
im picking up my new Panny 65" VT30 on friday. Unfortunatley I went to best buy for my HDMI cables today and there were to many to choose from and very expensive! I want to get the best picture possible since im spending so much on the TV. I need recommendations on the best cables i can get for my money and a reputable place to get them from even if online. Appreciate any help.

Real Name
Dan
That's just what I'm looking for thanks. Interested to know if there are even better ones out there. Just out of curiosity.

dmiller68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David Miller
You will be satisfied with either of those. I bought all mine from Monoprice.com and been very happy.

Real Name
Dan
What would I need the Ethernet in the hdmi for? I'm hooking up my cable box, Xbox, blue ray and DVD into my Yamaha reciever, and one from the reciever to the plasma. Don't know if I should get all the hdmi's with or without the Ethernet.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Mrhanky5555

What would I need the Ethernet in the hdmi for? I'm hooking up my cable box, Xbox, blue ray and DVD into my Yamaha reciever, and one from the reciever to the plasma. Don't know if I should get all the hdmi's with or without the Ethernet.

Not necessary...unless you have a specific need for it.

Here's what Monoprice says about HDMI cables with ethernet capabilities:

The HDMI Ethernet Channel - Delivers Ethernet data interconnectivity to compatible devices through the HDMI port so you don't need extra cables to get extended features.

[url=http://www.monoprice.com/products/subdepartment.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10240]HERE's the Monoprice HDMI cable selection (without ethernet).

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Been using Monoprice for years and never had a single problem with any of their cables. Highly recommended.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks