What's new

Season sets we've waited too long for. Losing hope. (1 Viewer)

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I'm guessing that regular ol' sitcoms don't do so well on dvd? Some sitcoms seem to slowly dribble out over time, like the Jeffersons, but most just...sit there at season one forever.

I'd have to say that family dramas don't do too well on dvd, either. I thought 7th Heaven was so damn popular, but it's also stalled. And Everwood. And Dynasty. I can't even begin to guess why some tv shows really take off on dvd, and some shows don't.

Brian-C

Grip
Like others, I'm waiting for Malcolm In The Middle, and The Wonder Years. And I also believe, and fear, that if and when they do get released, there will be a "Quatum Leap" effect, a la, music being changed/deleted. But, unlike many others, that did not stop me from buying Quatum Leap anyways, and if the music ever does get changed and or deleted, I think I would still buy these 2 series, just to watch the shows themselves.

Real Name
Seth Thrasher
Murphy Brown S2. S1 released in Feb 2005...still no S2. The show currently being one of the shows available in Wal-Mart's back-title TV DVD display (Where they have previously released TV DVDs set up to buy) in their B&M stores should help sales volumes a bit.

DonHearth

Grip
I am desperate for the rest of Larry Sanders. I have even been trolling the bootleg sites looking for DVDs recorded off of HBO. I would also love to see "It's Gary Schandling's Show" as well, but don't hold out much home of ever seeing that show make it to DVD...

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
If anyone is worried about 90210 you can always buy from other regions. As 90210 is officially announced in R2 and R4 distributed by paramount. So hopefully we will hear something in R1 soon but atleast we will be able to get them elsewhere ala Ally McBeal and all music probably is intact aswell. And thats exactly what i will be doing unless paramount lets us know what the heck is going on in R1. Either way let us know coming or not gonna be able to be released in R1 because of music rights. Then we can all move on :)

Nick Zbu

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick Zbu
I fear Have Gun Will Travel may be one of these. Three more seasons to go, and suddenly no word after the release of Season 3..

JeffCNY

Agent
Perhaps either out of sheer perversity or spite, I'd love to see complete season releases of:

SMALL WONDER and MR. BELVEDERE

After all, in a world that gives us the complete output of SAVED BY THE BELL, how'd they overlook these two prime examples of 80's TV mediocrity?

On a more serious note, the MIA status of one of the most intelligent and witty sitcoms of the 50's, OUR MISS BROOKS, is disturbing as well.

Jeff

Med

Stunt Coordinator
Another vote here for the rest of Larry Sanders in full season sets...doubt it will happen now though.

One show I'm surprised hasn't turned up on DVD yet is BEAUTY & THE BEAST. I'm sure there would be a demand for it.

Are there any legal issues involved with this one?

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor

We couldn't even get Paramount to give us season sets of Bilko, which has had far more success in syndication. I doubt they would even touch OMB, even though it is a very funny show.

JeffCNY

Agent

True, true, true --- I hadn't thought of that.

Then too, we may as well face up to the fact that those of us who pine for BILKO or OUR MISS BROOKS are well in the minority --- and in terms of being thought of as "active buyers," we're already embalmed in the eyes of the Execs.

No, we're swiftly approaching that uncomfortable point in time when "Classic Vintage TV" among the target viewing (and consuming) age means the first season of "Friends," and "Seinfeld" is thought of as almost a product of television's infancy.

Jeff

Nick Zbu

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick Zbu
I'm still hoping that TV companies will start farming out these releases. They're not making any money by sitting on them and letting the bootleggers take off with them.

trey_b

Auditioning
Real Name
trey brown
smart guy a very funny show they should just release it on dvd it will do great cause it's awesome.

Roger Wink

Auditioning
The final season of Once & Again. Of course, it was about three years between Seasons 1 & 2, so I guess this post is premature.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter

7th Heaven season 3 is coming around Thanksgiving. Paramount's been slower than regularly this year with Cheers and Frasier, but I think it's pretty safe to say that more Frasier is a question of when, not if. 9 of 11 seasons are already out for crying out loud.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks