What's new

Season sets we've waited too long for. Losing hope. (1 Viewer)

Rita Bell

Auditioning
I'm waiting for Starsky and Hutch season 4, as well as Love Boat (original series)! I have heard, thankfully, that Fantasy Island will be released! WOOHOO! And more amazingly, American Gothic which has become the holy grail for me. I never in a million years thought it would see release. It is one of the best shows ever put on television, imho.

Just got Adam 12 yesterday! I am tempted to pick up Emergency as well- you can never have too many Jack Webb productions. I already have Dragnet. Let's hope more seasons of all 3 will be released!

-Rita

RyanAn

Screenwriter
I still can not believe these shows are not out yet:

Family Matters
Perfect Strangers
The State
Commited :)

...and I am not even going to start on classic Nickelodeon!!!

Ryan

MichelleB

Stunt Coordinator
I've been waiting for 'Who's The Boss?' for over a year. Let's hope Sony dosen't do the same thing to 'The Nanny'.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
There are several sets that I'm waiting to have completed. I just wish that Sony and others would take the same approach as Paramount did with Star Trek (original and the spinoffs). It only took Paramount 4 years to release their entire catalog of Star Trek shows (except the animated series). I don't see why other studios don't do the same thing. Sony especially. Sony has started so many TV on DVD sets that I think it might be a long time before they complete them.

RyanAn

Screenwriter

Some of my favorites:
  1. Roundhouse
  2. Welcome Freshman
  3. Salute Your Shorts
  4. Rocko's Modern Life
  5. Guts
  6. Rugrats
  7. Doug[/list=1]

Just to name a few, :)

Ryan

Allen_Kir

Stunt Coordinator
I'm losing hope on...

-Lizzie mcguire
-Even stevens

Ps. I'm also still sad/mad about the cosby show why can't all TV-DVD releases be as good as the I lOVE LUCY DVD's I'm soooo glad they didn't mess up I love lucy CUZ if they messed up the best TV show ever there wouldn't be hope for any other shows.

James Reader

Screenwriter
Tremors: The Series
Please, please, please Universal. If it's worth making DTVs, it's worth releasing the single series you produced for TV.

JamesTaylor

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for writing your list Ryan. I would classify CatDog, The Wild Thornberries, Alex Mack, Animorphs and Hey Arnold as Classic as well.
Allen_Kir- I'm with you for those two Disney Channel series, but I'm losing hope more on Lizzie McGuire than Even Stevens, since they had the movie of the show released to DVD and apparently Christy Carlson Romano hinted about a season release. Lizzie-S1 was announced a year ago, have not had strong sale numbers and Disney hasn't announced anything new since.
-James

GeorgePaul

Second Unit
The Fugitive (original series)

I'm getting terribly discouraged over the lack of ANY news from the Quinn Martin estate. But this landmark series, if anyone ever gets around to releasing it on DVD, may have to settle for the Barry Morse intros from VHS as "extras" at the rate QM Productions/Worldvision is getting its series on disc.

Morse, Roy Huggins, Richard Anderson, Diane Baker and Jacqueline Scott (Did I miss any?) are the last surviving cast/crew members from this show--the window of opportunity for them to provide any commentary/interviews on it is closing fast.

I fear that this will happen with TJ Hooker. There's still 3 whole seasons to release. I hope the current set sells well enough. I just wish studios would release ALL seasons of every TV show that they take on. Don't just release a single season and leave the fans hanging... My Dad is still waiting for the final season of SWAT.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter

I think companies owe each show a piece of paper saying "season 2 (or whatever) coming ____". Companies like Anchor Bay and Image plan out releases well in advance, and most of these shows have smaller audiences than the shows Sony and co. abandons (does anybody really think Hearts Afire outsold Mad About You?)

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member

Well, Paramount could always get some commentaries from some of the surviving Fuge guest stars, including Suzanne Pleshette, who adored David Janssen immensely, and, in fact, was even going to co-star in a TV series opposite David when Janssen died at age 48 in early 1980. Suzanne's comments re. her two excellent Fuge guest roles ("World's End" and "All The Scared Rabbits") would be quite illuminating I would surmise.

Bill Shatner, Ed Asner, Angie Dickinson, Robert Duvall, Ron Howard, and Kurt Russell also each put in guest appearances on The Fugitive. Hearing any of their thoughts about working on that show would also be nice. Russell played Lieutenant Gerard's son ("Phil Jr.") in the episode "Nemesis" (a fave of mine). Re-uniting Barry & Kurt for a DVD commentary would be simply fab.

There was a rumor in 2002 or 2003 that both Barry Morse and Jackie Scott were set to do some audio commentaries for a Fuge DVD set. But I have a feeling (given the length of time that has now passed) that that was simply a "Wishful Thinking" kind of rumor that had little to no degree of truth in it. But, we can always hope -- because having Barry's observations on DVD would be ideal IMO. He's quite a gabber too. :)

BTW, speaking of The Fugitive, today (August 29) marks the 38th anniversary of the airing of (at that time) the most-watched single TV program in history -- "The Judgment" -- which was the final Fuge episode. 26-Million people tuned in to see Richard Kimble exonerated.

When "The Fugitive Season 1" eventually does arrive on DVD (and it will, I have absolutely no doubt about that fact; because the show is just too dang good to be left out in the cold forever IMO), I'd enjoy seeing the famous "Kimble Wanted" poster being used as a portion of the DVD front-cover artwork. ......

ElijahS

Supporting Actor

Fox tried the paper slip thing with Season 1 of The Mary Tyler Moore Show. It advertised Season 2 for March 2003. The set released July 2005. It doesn't always work.

Johnny S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John

I also really want Aahh!!! Real Monsters(1994), and Rocko's Modern Life(1993) for Classic Nick.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks