1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Screen capture software recommendations

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Stephen_L, Jan 22, 2004.

1. Stephen_L

Stephen_L Well-Known Member

I enjoy making screen caps of DVD images on my computer to make screensavers, alternate DVD covers and the like. I had been using an old version of WinDVD but that has ceased working. WinDVD now offers a Platinum DVD player with capture capability. Is that software worth the price? Are there better DVD capture programs someone might recommend?

I'm not looking into copyright violation, or selling copyright materials; I just want to snag some pics for my personal use.

2. StevenFC

StevenFC Well-Known Member

Well, hopefully you can get your WinDVD to work again--because that's what I recommend. My version is 2.1 and it works great. It's the version that came with my DVD-rom drive. I use it for my screen captures like the one of Eleanor and Fred that you see below. I wouldn't recommend upgrading until you've exhausted all attempts to fix your current version. Especially if the reason to do so is to make screen captures. I wouldn't say it's worth the price. But if you've got the money to burn, I guess it doesn't matter. But to me that's 4 or 5 DVDs I could be buying with that money.

Good Luck.

3. TheBat

TheBat Well-Known Member

Jacob
    I prefer powerdvd myself..look up cyberlink and powerdvd. should find the site easily.

JACOB

4. Jim Bivins

Jim Bivins Well-Known Member

Any recomendations for MAC users?

5. Pascal A

Pascal A Well-Known Member

Snapz Pro is the only one I know of that works for mac, but requires running in OS X. A scaled down version was shipped with my Powerbook G4 about a year and a half ago, so I don't know if the new systems are still shipping with it.