1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Rush Concerts on DVD coming in 2002

Discussion in 'Music' started by Brett_B, Dec 6, 2001.

1. ElevSkyMovie

ElevSkyMovie Well-Known Member

2. Paul.S

Paul.S Well-Known Member

Paul

3. ElevSkyMovie

That's what fans on the Rush site's I've seen are looking for, complete setlists. Like I said, A Show of Hands is nearly complete. Rush in Rio is the first complete concert video they have released. In the past, I think they didn't release the entire show because of time limitations. Those limitations aren't there with dvd. Since many fans favorite song is "The Camera Eye" from "Moving Pictures", many people are hoping that will be added back in to ESL. You can hear a teaser of the live version at the beginning of ESL when I think it's Neal who is talking and the video is showing the crew setting up. Complete shows are what we're hoping for.

Here is what someone from a Rush site posted. It shows what is missing from the typical MP setlist:

4. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Well-Known Member

Aaron Silverman
    Heck, those missing songs are enough for a complete release of their own!
    Wonder if I'll be able to hold off on R-30 until I upgrade to Blu-Ray. . . [​IMG]

5. David Noll

David Noll Well-Known Member

Seeing this thread has my mouth drooling! I recently completed my home theater (click link below) and can't wait for the DVD's. I have been a die-hard fan since the Signal's tour. Seen them live 8 times.

David

6. Paul.S

Paul.S Well-Known Member

Paul

7. Paul.S

Paul.S Well-Known Member

Paul
    Perhaps a Admin can change the name of this thread to "Rush concerts coming on DVD in 2006?"
    Isn't it pathetic that we're made to stand here, wallets open . . . waiting . . . waiting for official versions of these titles . . . [​IMG]
    -p

8. Brett_B

Brett_B Premium
    Supporter

Just some info in regards to another Rush DVD release from Neil Peart's website:

NOW I AM DROOLING!

9. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Well-Known Member

Aaron Silverman
    Neil Peart -- the *one* guy who can play a drum solo that doesn't drive people from the room screaming. . . [​IMG]

10. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Well-Known Member

Yeah. At least he has little clangy melodic thingies and, recently, a spinning set and film clips and the like. It's still pointless, but entertaining.

11. Rob_D

Rob_D Active Member

Woah. I'd pay $50 for Exit... Stage Left on dvd with Natural Science!!!

12. James_Kiang

James_Kiang Well-Known Member

So, what exactly is this R-30 I'm hearing about? I went to the Rush site and found nothing about it.

13. ElevSkyMovie

Nothing has been announced about the R-30 dvd. R-30 is what the band was calling their tour last year since it has been 30 years since they formed. They filmed a tour stop in Germany that will be coming out at the end of the year.

14. James_Kiang

James_Kiang Well-Known Member

Thanks Kyle. I pretty much figured that's what it was, but just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed any announcements. I missed the concert [​IMG] so I'd be glad to pick up the dvd.

15. Brett_B

Brett_B Premium
    Supporter

16. Brett_B

Brett_B Premium
    Supporter

Okay, I will just talk to myself, but in case others are still following these developments:

17. Paul.S

Paul.S Well-Known Member

Paul
    Naw, Brett--you're hardly talking to yourself. I've just been rabble-rousing and beating the online bush so hard for so long about GUP, ESL, ASoH and TtCE DVDs that it's difficult for me to get excited about it now until I perhaps have the discs in my hands, especially with hi def DVD on the horizon. Do you know how many times I've been led to believe those discs were coming?
    And now still, although I'm happy to see release dates for R30 and Neil's vid, we still don't have release dates for the catalog titles. Just "soon" and "plans to begin reissuing . . . ." Fuck that--it's nothing new. I want dates, so then we can at least opine as to what date the release is going to get delayed from.
    -p
    P.S. - Where'd you get that release, Brett? It hasn't shown up in my in box from Rush.com yet. Curious to me that the release says the band took a break in 2005 to focus on Alex's trial. I know the guys very much support each other, but that's a matter that I would think largely involved the band's and Alex's personal attorneys.

18. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Well-Known Member

19. Brett_B

Brett_B Premium
    Supporter

I couldn't agree more, but the way I look at it is like a puzzle and the pieces are beginning to fall in place. First off, there was that recent press release in regards to the videos being in production (Fogolabs). Even if that was held in question, they did list R30 as one of the DVDs they (Fogolabs) were working on (along with all the previous video releases). Shortly after that "advertisement" Rush officially announces the R30 show. Now there is a news story stating everything all over again except this time there are actual dates associated with the R30 release and Neil's instructional video.
    I am still not getting my hopes up, but I am feeling better now.

20. Paul.S

Paul.S Well-Known Member

Paul
    Yeah Brett I basically agree, but I'm tired of getting spanked.

I wrote a letter to Jim Cameron in 1998 asking about/for a Titanic SE. SEVEN years later Paramount announces it . . . 3 months after announcing that the studio is supporting HD DVD and a release slate for Q4.

In August, the studio announced they're not releasing any HD DVDs this fall.

Warner has similarly "delayed" their HD DVD release plans. So no Batman Begins HD DVD this fall either, after my having blue balls for it since June 15 when I saw that movie.

Found this after clickety clicking around the link you sent me:

"Mar. 2005: Atlantic adds a preorder link for the Vapor Trails remaster on its website, and a source close to Anthem Records confirms its release is imminent."

HA!

In the words of you-know-Who: I "Won't Get Fooled Again"!

-p