What's new

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2016) (1 Viewer)

Should Rogue One have the usual Star Wars crawl?

• Yes

Votes: 60 69.0%
  • No

Votes: 27 31.0%

• Total voters

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
That wasn't my point. I Just think it's common courtesy to give a brief description of what the link is. Then I can decide whether or not to click on it. That's all.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
That wasn't my point. I Just think it's common courtesy to give a brief description of what the link is. Then I can decide whether or not to click on it. That's all.

I don't link to spoilers without warning. Never spoiled anything. If it had a major significance I would have added a description. It was just of lower importance and a quick click and look link.

Tino, also you are trying way way too hard to be a pain and unpleasant (toward me at least) all the time. Just cool down a little and do something else.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Not the point. Is it that hard to post a brief description? I don't care about a toy fair in Nuremburg and don't want to have to click on a link to find that out.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
SamT said:
I don't link to spoilers without warning. Never spoiled anything. If it had a major significance I would have added a description. It was just of lower importance and a quick click and look link.

Tino, also you are trying way way too hard to be a pain and unpleasant (toward me at least) all the time. Just cool down a little and do something else.
Sorry you feel that way Sam. It's not personal. Just a suggestion.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I've kind of washed the prequels out of my mind with regard to how they connect to the OT but it just occurred to me that George went out of his way in AOTC to say that the Death Star was a design concocted by the Geonosians and I believe in his commentary for the ROTJ SE he said that the second Death Star was filled with Geonosian workers so people don't have to worry about all the "innocent lives" lost when it exploded as mentioned in the movie Clerks.

So...I wonder if Disney is going to run with that idea and we'll see AOTC critters in Rogue One or if they'll just do like they did with TFA and scrap any reminders of the "prequel era."
I've gone back to this post because on the new episode of Star Wars: Rebels, they gave a something of an answer to the question. It's strongly implied (but not confirmed) that the Empire
wiped out the Geonosians. Presumably in an effort to keep the Death Star project a secret.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'm like 9 episodes behind on Rebels. Still good?
Yeah, it's slowed down a little but that makes sense with the stories being told. There's 3 episodes left this season and I'm guessing those episodes will be heavier on the action and the Inquisitors. I could be totally wrong but I'm expecting a confrontation between Ahsoka and Darth Vader by or in the season finale too.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I'm excited about Rogue One, even though I know the rebels succeed. It's like a movie about Lincoln: Just because I know he'll be assassinated at the end doesn't make a well-crafted movie about him any less worthwhile or engaging. I hope it's the same with Rogue One.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks