What's new

Rescue Me season 4 thread (1 Viewer)

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
I don't understand this show anymore. Their Chief kills himself and they barely spend any portion of the show dealing with it. Its almost like that there are so many characters dropping dead on this show that its like changing underwear.

How much longer are we going to have to through a plot line that Tommy can't get hard?

The show is losing my interest fast just like Nip/Tuck did.

Paul

TwoKings

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jay

It has gotten sad right now. The recycled story lines are bad and they are going nowhere...it is obvious now that this show already blew its wad a while ago...sad.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This evening's episode was actually tolerable, but I had to laugh when Janet handed off a TPS report to some flunky at her new workplace.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member

There has been some behind the scenes commentary from the actor who played the Chief about this. It would seem there's no love lost between the actor and Dennis Leary (who has a hand in running the show).

I haven't started watching this season yet, but I'm disappointed to hear they've let it wane.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I've been staying out of this thread, because I've been behind on the show until catching up recently. But I'm relieved to discover that I'm not the only one who feels the show is missing something this season.

I think the problem is simply that they're retreading old ground: Tommy battles the bottle; Tommy short-changes his family; Tommy has conflicts at the firehouse; Tommy has nightmares about being trapped in fires. Individual scenes may still be entertaining, but the fact that there so many supporting characters have gone begging for decent continuing plotlines (Maggie, Sean, Probie Mike, even Black Sean) suggests that the writers are out of ideas.

M.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks