What's new

Rescue Me Season 3 ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
6/6/06

The first 50 minutes were pretty funny (Leary really milked the youngest daughter's binge/purge sequence pretty well), and then the big conclusion at the birthday party delivered the big finish rivaling Cain-Abel proportions.

Justin Bauer

Supporting Actor
I loved the ending to the episode.

I am a hothead, so I was hoping that Tommy would react that way...because I sure as hell would have.

Ken smoking the stogie and spitting it out when he saw Tommy was a riot.

This show gets better and better. I can't wait for Deadwood on Sunday and this show on Tuesday...I will be in heaven this summer.

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
An incredible episode today.

Tommy kicking O'Reliey's ass was totally the reaction I wanted to see after the reveal last week. Otherwise a very funny episode (duct tape anyone).

I love this show, very underrated.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
If I'm Garrity, I don't sleep after seeing what Tommy did to John, and Tommy knows that Garrity is banging Tommy's sister (from observing Garrity taking out the cherry from her drink at the birthday party).

When the fight gets to the street, Maggie is smiling (standing next to Kenny), but she's probably used to her brothers beating the crap out of each other. She was only concerned with not spilling her drink at the start of it inside the restaurant.

I thought it was funny after Tommy throws Janet on top of the car, and she's complaining about her arm/elbow hurting, and Franco stops and has Sheila tend to Janet, and suddenly Janet's elbow's feeling better, and she's swing her arms and warning her not to come near here (mainly for Sheila's dalliance with Tommy last season). That got a good "heh" from me.

StephenA

Screenwriter
I was kind of surprised on how much Tommy fucked up his brother, with how they'd both rough each other up in other fights that they've had throughout the show so far. It's very understandable though, finding out and and all that. I think he was letting everything out that he's kept in for so long.

The cigar part with Lou was funny, as well as Tommy's father just sitting there eating his cake while the fight was going on.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
The car window surprised me. I didn't think they'd escalate quite that far.

So many great lines:

"And they call me a whore. Well, they do."

"Not you. The food."

"Don't forget to give dad his enema."

"Maybe I'm hoping my kid wins that contest."

"If she turns me down, you're mom's rack is on deck."

:)

Joe

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
I was watching Cop Land and guess who's got a small part? Cousin Mickey.
Ken's gone from losing his wife to losing Sandra to Candi running off with his savings. How much more can the guy lose?
I'm thinking Jerry's gonna move his wife and she'll only get worse.
Sean should leave town NOW

Justin Bauer

Supporting Actor
Garrity should get out while he still can. Ken has had nothing go his way since the first season...poor bastard.

Now is the time to see how good this show is. I figure they will address the fight with the brothers...but, if it were the Sopranos, we would not hear or see anything relating to it again...

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter

Oh please... just like they never addressed Vito's death or Richie/Ralhpies deaths.

Actually their should be a rule on these boards, people who goof on Sopranos for dropping plot points or forgetting them, yet, are fans of 24 or Lost, should not be allowed to pick on other shows for their continuity.

Justin Bauer

Supporting Actor

Fuck me...

First of all, I have defended the Sopranos over and over for their decisions...and I am not a fan of that crap (24 or Lost).

Forgive me for hoping they continue a monumental event in the season and not ignore it like another "nameless" show has done in past, leaving fans high and dry.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
"Torture"

What I like about this show is that time just flies by, it's just so delicious at times. Tonight's episode was a well needed "cool-down" episode, with just enough subplots simmering for future pay-offs this season.

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
Still very funny. Garrity's horse was priceless. As is Tommy's mind games with him.

I feel bad for the Proby, could he be going gay on us?

The scene with Lou and Mike was really good. Lou is lousing it - can't wait to see where it goes.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, last season, Probie was having a great time at the party, and that's probably where he was exposed to that side of the street.

I laughed heartily when Lou shoplifted a copy of "The Tao of Pooh" for himself after trying to take Probie's copy away "for his own good".

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Arrgh! My DVR locked up and failed to record "Torture". (I had to cold boot it the next day to get it working again.) FX doesn't appear to "do" podcasts and I don't think there's a rerun before next week. If anyone can help a fella out, PM or e-mail me - forum rules and all that. :)

Regards,

Joe

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa

It's nice that FX reruns the show for when you have a problem getting it, that way you don't have to resort to "Other" Means. If Only Fox would do the same with 24, although I guess you can get them on Itunes now (For $1.99 a pop)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks