What's new

Prison Break 4 - Guess who's back .... (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
As I said in the Chuck thread, I had to get a different DVR in the spring and so lost all of my series recordings. I'm glad my info was useful.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Yawn.

Also, I don't know how much more ridiculous this can get unless they have to go to the Black Lodge to get the rest of the cards or something. ;)

And I know they did it to explain it to the audience, but Michael and Sara both are made to seem like very intelligent people, I find it hard that neither of them would realize that "Scylla" was a reference to the Odyssey before reading Michael's father's notes. If anything, the best way to do it would've been one of them explaining it to Bellick, or even Lincoln, who wasn't as well educated himself. It just seemed extra forced this way.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I like that they've tried to stream line things and put nearly all the cast in one story this year (rather than last year when one guy was here and a couple were there, etc.). I guess this season will be an off the wall version of The Dirty Dozen.

What happened to the young kid in the basketbal jersey from last season? I thought he got tossed back in Sona last episode.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
That "bad Mexican" line was so wrong but so funny.

Mahone having to slow up on Bellick was pretty funny too.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
There were some nice little ridiculous Prison Break moments, like Linc and Michael making bail. "Your Honor, these two are not a flight risk." "Agreed. Bail will be set at $1M a piece." And, Michael getting the full body tattoo removal.

I hate how cheap human life is to the writers. Killing Whistler and Mahone's family was good for dramatic purposes, I guess, but it took away an interesting actor and took away potential future storylines for Mahone. We didn't see the bodies on the latter, of course, and Gretchen was still alive, but I doubt if the Company placed those cops there just to stop Mahone from going in. Unless the Company is really employing our band of merry men for some reason, and that was the way to get Mahone in for sure.

Arild

Supporting Actor
I was pleasantly surprised. Two episodes in, I am greatly enjoying the new direction the show is taking. My one complaint right now is the character of T-Bag. I know he has a lot of fans and all, but seriously... He's not interesting anymore. At all. Every scene he was in, I was just waiting to get back to the good stuff. And he has outlived his usefulness as far as the story goes a long time ago, IMO.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
BLASPHEMY!!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
I get what you mean but I think it'll be fun when T-Bag catches up with Michael or the rest of the group. I do hope that he finally gets what's coming to him this season though.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Enjoyed it! It's prison break, not ER or some Drama, it's supposed to be fun, and it will be.

I also laughed at Mahone catching up to Bellick. I think Bellick is the best actor on the show. How he has changed since season 1.

Diallo B

Screenwriter
well...

i am a little disappointed with the start of this season. the fact that the sarah is still alive irks me to all ends. too much soap opera for me...

but that wasn't the only thing that irked me.

is prison break the new A-Team. WTF? quirk band of misfits and ex-cons team up to take out the man.

GTFO.

i will give it a couple more eps to see what is up. i didn't have high hopes for this considering i was already thinking about how many prisons could they break out of to keep the show going. will it be season 7 and they are now in a seventh prison. sigh. some shows should only be for a certain length of time.

Diallo B

Screenwriter

funniest moment of the two eps. "I had to slow down not to catch you." mexican line was a close second.

i laughed out loud for real.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I saw it described as one part Dirty Dozen, one part Mission: Impossible. On its own, that's not a bad premise for a series.

Afterward, my brother and I were laying odds on which New Guy would prove less trustworthy (Rappaport or the tech dude), and who would finally get to kill T-Bag. Our money's on Mahone, probably when bleeding out himself.

Phil_O

Stunt Coordinator

Yep, turns out he's a real mama's boy! So different than the tough guy guard from S1.

MishaLauenstein

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Misha Lauenstein

That is exactly what I was thinking:

Michael "I love it when a plan comes together" Scofield
Howling Mad T-Bag
Lincoln "You drive me crazy, fool" Burroughs
Bradley "Faceman" Bellick

Sara = Melinda Culea
Michael Rappaport = Robert Vaughn

And instead of a van, they fly around in Prison Break One.

Maybe that's the plan for Season 5.

"... for a crime they did not commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security prison..."

Unless 6 of them die, like the prophecy suggests.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
I completely understand that people tough on the outside can be little boys on the inside, but the drastic shift in Bellick's personality is a turnoff for me. It just doesn't strike me as realistic. If this is where someone points out to me that Prison Break itself isn't realistic, let's not and say we did.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa

Bellick's Personality really has not changed, he was always a scared little momma's boy that acted Tough when he was within the Prison walls and had all the Power as a Guard, as soon as that was removed, when he was on the run he went home to momma. Then after all the indecencies in Soma, his change is not hard to believe at all.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I like the disparate Mod Squad/Mission Impossible vibe this season has adopted, but I really disliked how the reunion of Michael and Sarah was shot and directed, it just felt lifeless and dull. I don't think Wentworth Miller is all that convincing in a het role or the chemistry between him and Callies just isn't quite there yet again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks