What's new

Powered Subwoofer for around $100-$150ish? (1 Viewer)

Chris Quinn

Screenwriter
Michael-

Here is a link to what Hsu says regarding the differences between thier subs and BIC's. Link. It appears I can't link directly to a post on the Hsu forum so scroll down to Sacha's post.

Michael_S

Grip
FYI, I got the BIC v1020 sub from ebay for $130.00 (direct from BIC factory - $150 total-shipping). About the same price as the Dayton. Thanks for all the input. I'll post a follow-up (review), once I hook-it-up. Thanks again. Great forum!!!!

Rory Buszka

Supporting Actor
At least Gateway knows who to go to for their small-satellite speaker technology and subwoofers. I think a Gateway HTiB would be a good selection for someone who is just starting out in home theater, given its great Hsu speakers. Gateway trumpets the Hsu name like it's PolkAudio or Boston or Klipsch. This is how you know Hsu is finally ready for the big-time. I'm ready to see some SVS main speakers, now.

Michael_S

Grip
Hello Michael_H. Sorry for the delay in my review of the BIC subwoofer I purchased. I received the subwoofer yesterday from BIC (shipping delays). It is a V-1015. I am going to hook-it-up this weekend and will post a review next week. Although I haven't powered it up, I will say that it "looks" mighty impressive. It is heavy and looks like it is very well built. There are a number of knobs for "fine-tuning" and plenty of "hook-up" options. Til next week........

Michael_S

Grip
Well, I finally got around to hooking-up my new home theater system which included a BIC v1015 sub. I must say that not only does the sub look impressive it sounds wonderful. For the price, I just can't believe what this baby puts out. The bass is crisp and clean. I have NOTHING negative to say about this sub. If all of BIC's subs are like this model, then in my opinion, we've got a "runner" for the "best" sub, along w/ the Dayton (based on forum reviews), in the $100 to $200 price range.....period.....I'll post more info, as I become more acquainted w/ the sub later. Until then....

Elated BIC Sub-Woofer Owner;)

Michael_H

Agent
Real Name
Michael
Thanks for the update Michael. Could you possibly take some pictures of the sub and email them to me? The photos on thier website aren't very good.

Thanks again!
Michael

Jeff&R

Auditioning
WOW ,

xint info from all your posts .

I too am looking for a budget sub for a very small bedroom HT system and it seems Ive found some great choices due to this thread .

Much appreciated

;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks