1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Please help with switch 64 and Dish 6000 receiver setup!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Manuel, Oct 31, 2001.

1. Manuel

Manuel Stunt Coordinator

First, let me get this off my chest: Dish customer service reps have no clue!! Ok, now that I am past that, what I need is some setup advise/suggestions.
    I have 2 dishes set up on my roof. I have a Dish 500 w1th dual LNB's for the 119 and 110 feed. I have another Dish 500 with one LNB which has only 1 out. I do not have another LNB with dual outs. My problem is this: As I understand it, I must connect 2 cables from each feed to the switch. However, for the 61.5 or 148 feed, my LNB only has 1 out. I tried to split the signal using an old splitter I had and that did not work. I tried using a swith 21 and that did not work either. Both times when I would "check switch", it would only recognize the "evens" on the 119 and 110 but both on the 61.5. However, I would get an "error 002" message when I tried to watch almost any channel.
    Is there something that I am doing wrong? Could someone please enlighten me with how to fix my problem? I almost wish I had not bought the 6000 receiver. Thanks
    ------------------
    You've never worked in the private sector. They expect results.

2. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert