What's new

pioneer 1014 craped out (1 Viewer)

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I've got the part number for the piece that Pioneer can't get until September. It's at work though, so sometime tomorrow I'll post the number EvanW. Hopefully that's not the part you are needing.

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I looked but couldn't find the paper where I wrote down the part number. It started with AW I think but I can't remember the rest of it.

I don't think mine was a circuit board but I'm not sure.

Hopefully I'll hear from Pioneer early next week about my replacement. Hopefully they get me the new unit like I requested. I also am trying to get them to ship it directly to me so I don't have to make the 100 mile round trip to the service center to pick it up.

Doug:M

Auditioning
How will there be legal issues Steve? You're in Canada, I'm in the US. I'll take my chances using the codes on the receiver. It's not like I can break it anymore than it already currently is, lol. This receiver is only 6 months old. I don't want to wait until Sept for parts and really don't want a refurbed one. Steve, email me the codes please.

This is stupid. The damn power goes off for 3 friggen seconds and I have to wait 3 months to get it fixed? I won't be buying anything made by Pioneer again, not unless they send me a new receiver.

JoeyR

Second Unit
Real Name
Joey
I cant believe Im saying this but no one bought the BB extended warranty?

SteveMetcalf

Agent
quote:
"How will there be legal issues Steve? You're in Canada, I'm in the US. I'll take my chances using the codes on the receiver. It's not like I can break it anymore than it already currently is, lol. This receiver is only 6 months old. I don't want to wait until Sept for parts and really don't want a refurbed one. Steve, email me the codes please."

First of all, our company deals with pioneer and as professionals we need to respect information which is deemed only for technicians. Telling this code over the internet would be harmful to our relationship with pioneer.

Pioneer tells us that if you were to perform this procedure yourself there is a risk of fire and shock.

Experience tells me that even though there might be nothing wrong with your amp, it's very possible components could be damaged, and by performing the reset you could further damage the amp.

My intentions here were to give you information that you could use in conjunction with your local service department and make tham aware of this procedure. Based on the information given in previous posts I thought it would help speed up the process. I don't mean that this code will fix your amp for sure, it's only a possibility. If your service department says you need parts, guess what! You need parts.

Cheers.

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
When Pioneer contacts me next week, if they tell me they can't replace my receiver with a new one and instead have to give me a refurb, I think I'll ask if they'll atleast give me a 1015 refurb. Or should I ask for more?

EvanW

Stunt Coordinator
i dont really like the 1015 myself, really all id like back is my money they can keep this piece of junk for all i care, my replacement receiver which is 2 ch which is all i ever use anyway is rated at 55wpc at 8ohms 60 wpc at 6ohms my speakers are 6ohms, the pioneer is rated 150wpc in stereo at 6ohms in the uk manual and i can say that this is true ive seen tests, however the 60wpc receiever is just as strong, which makes me wanna kick myself for not buying the denon 2 ch , but i just had to have component (im so stupid).

yes i know that there is not a big decible increase between 50 and 100 , or between 100 and 150 and no i never really turn it up to where it would be pushing acutally over 25wpc hardly ever get it past -10 , if the scale stoped at 0 then -2 would be half power because its logorithmic but scince it goes into the positives i have no clue what half is.(just saying this so someone dosent tell me that i never really use all the wattage anyway, truly wattage dosent matter, the pioneer isnt "powerful" like a 2 ch)

EvanW

Stunt Coordinator
anyone think the elite VSX-56TXi is a better receiver and wouldnt have this problem also the vsx-54TX

Steve_L

Stunt Coordinator
Not to rub salt in the wounds, but any resolution to this?

Hoping you get this resolved.

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Haven't heard back from Pioneer yet. But according to the timetable they gave me last week it could be as late as early next week until I hear from them.

EvanW

Stunt Coordinator
no word for me either, anyone got a suggestion for a receiver that wont break, the VSX-52TX is the same as the 1014 makes me think it would do the same thing, 1 guy said the 54TX has video recording problems, the 56TXi looks to be pretty good excluding cost....

Steve_L

Stunt Coordinator
Man.. this is SUCH a bummer. I haven't had mine on during a power loss yet, but I'm sure it's just a matter of time. We lose power all the time around my way. (rural Massachusetts)

Very strange. ..and disturbing. I feel you guys pain for being without.. that sucks big time.

EvanW

Stunt Coordinator
anyone remember the sawtooth wave form, i dont think a 300$ theater UPS with sinewave output is worth it to save a 500$ receiver

Steve_L

Stunt Coordinator
My Pioneer 1014 was on yesterday here in Massachusetts where we are getting the leftovers of a Florida hurricane.
The power went out and then came back on after about a 2 second interval.

NO flashing MCACC light.

I held my breath.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks