What's new

Pet Shop Boys "PopArt" DVD (1 Viewer)

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I ordered this from amazon.ca because it's not being released in the US. They are currently backordered and it looks like another two weeks before they may be able to ship it. Amazon.com is also backordered (they are importing the title from Canada). Has anyone seen this anywhere else? None of the B&M here have it, and Best Buy.com doesn't carry it. Any help would be appreciated!

MartinTeller

Screenwriter
I've been waiting to find it somewhere, either in a store or an e-tailer who actually claims to have it in stock. It's seeming more and more like a mythical product.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Here's the scoop on why it's so hard to find: Apparently in the early 90's PSB left EMI-USA and bounced around some small labels. In all other parts of the world, they have always been on EMI or Parlophone. I understand that there were licensing issues with some of the labels here that prevented a US release. The best we can get is the Canadian import (also region 1). If they had released it here, it would have only covered about half their career, which was not the point. Since they have not been popular here for years, there are tons of videos I have not seen, plus I hear the commentary tracks are great (Chris and Neil do them). If Anything somes up, please post it here!

Eric

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
It's well worth seeking out. All the videos are there (plus the alternative and extended versions) and the commentary is wonderful.

You might try:

http://www.playusa.com

I've just checked and they are listing a R1 version of Popart in stock, and they advertise prices in US and Canadian dollars, so I assume they can sell to North America.

MartinTeller

Screenwriter
Thanks, Andrew. A little on the pricey side, but at least it's free shipping.

Time to retire those VHS tapes at last!

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
I can't speak for ordering in the USA, but play have always been extremely reliable when I've ordered from the UK. Over the last few years I must have ordered at least a couple of hundred items from them without any problem.

Craig: Mclaren

Second Unit
Got this for my xmas. I'm only really interested in the 85-90 videos to be honest but it is a fantastic collection. "Always On My Mind" and "Heart" are two of the best music videos ever made. Great fun. :D :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks