What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Paramount announcements through end of year... (1 Viewer)

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
It's a nice surprise to see that The Black Orchid is being released- it's one of Sophia Loren's best films, and it paired her for the first time with her favorite leading man, Anthony Quinn. Now, what about the second Loren-Quinn pairing Heller In Pink Tights, directed by George Cukor??

Nice to see some major action regarding the classic TV titles-
but where's "Get Smart"??????? HELP!!!!!!

Real Name
Mark
What a nice Tuesday afternoon present!! Thank you Mr. Harris! Thank you Paramount!

They will be mine:

The Spy Who Came in From the Cold
The Counterfeit Traitor
The Assassination Bureau

[just an aside, I remember reading Danger Diabolik was supposed to be released with the above three titles. Guess it was dropped. :frowning: ]

The Rose Tattoo
Murder on the Orient Express
Star Trek Generations: Collector's Edition
Orca: The Killer Whale (Holy %*!%, didn't expect that one to be released. Thank you Paramount!!!!!!!)
The Untouchables: Collector's Edition
1492: Conquest of Paradise :D :D :D :D :D :D
Ragtime

Still waiting for The Conformist

Forgot to mention Waterloo with Rod Stieger and Christopher Plummer. Don't know if my VHS will last the summer:D

Ryan Belfast

Stunt Coordinator
i will have FIRE IN THE SKY, FIRE IN THE SKY, FIRE IN THE FIRE IN THE SKY, FIRE IN THE SKY, KY, FIRE IN THE SKY, FIRE IN THE SKY, FIRE IN THE SKY, FIRE IN THE SKY, FIRE IN THE SKY, FIRE IN THE SKY, FIRE IN THE SKY, FIRE IN THE SKY, FIRE IN THE SKY, FIRE IN THE SKY, FIRE IN THE SKY,FIRE IN THE SKY, FIRE IN THE SKY, FIRE IN THE FIRE IN THE SKY, FIRE IN THE SKY, KY, FIRE IN THE SKY, FIRE IN THE SKY, FIRE IN THE SKY, FIRE IN THE SKY, FIRE IN THE SKY, FIRE IN THE SKY, FIRE IN THE SKY, FIRE IN THE SKY, FIRE IN THE SKY, FIRE IN THE SKY, FIRE IN THE SKY, and maybe just to be sure,a copy of FIRE IN THE SKY!

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

We can only hope it'll arrive in 2005. Seems very unlikely it'll happen in 2004.

2005 is the show's 40th anniversary.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I'll play along:

Where's the Brady Bunch?

Also, check TVShowsOnDVD.com. They have many more titles that aren't on the list at the top of this thread. What they have so far (some may be on the list):

CSI - Miami Season 2
JKX: The Jamie Kennedy Experiment Season 2
7th Heaven Season 1
Keen Eddie Complete
Touched By an Angel Season 1

They have dates for all of those, I believe. I'm not interested in any, so I'll leave it to you.

Bryan Ri

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan
Thanks for the news Mr. Harris!

Definately looking foward to Godfather 2 and Untouchables CE.

Still waiting on CE's for The Naked Guns, Airplane, and M:I.

Great news though

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
just read the write-up for
The Naked Jungle
Chuck Heston and Eleanor Parker
in the South American Jungle surrounded by
an advancing army of red ants.

cool :D
George Pal, too.
if Paramount continues with their moderate pricing on catalog titles, i'll definitely check this one out.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
is this list supposed to be final, definitive as to all the catalog titles due for the rest of the year?

i noticed there are no catalog releases for
Sept. 21
Nov 2, 23
Dec 7, 14

so for these 5 weeks Paramount won't put out even one catalog title?

Randy_M

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Randy
I Married a Monster from Outer Space
Murder on the Orient Express
ST: Generations

For sure those, probably several others as well.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
EDDIE MURPHY - RAW

...............and still no "Delirious". Man, I've been chomping at the bit waiting for that. But perhaps the release of 'Raw' will be a sign of things to come. I stated in a thread months ago that I'd go nuts if 'Delirious' were to become available. 'Raw' is good, but doesn't quite hold a candle to it. Nonetheless, I'll be picking it up.

Also, a quick ?. tvshowsondvd.com states that "Frasier" - The Final Season will be released. Is this a typo or something?? I heard there was talk about releasing 'Frasier' - The Finale episode, much like they did with 'Friends'. But it seems highly unlikely they'd skip ahead 7 seasons to release the final one. Weird.

On that note.................GIVE ME DELIRIOUS!!!! lol

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Lost in the mix is the announcement of Frank Capra's "Riding High" from 1950 and the film that it was based on: "Broadway Bill" from 1934.

Riding High may be primarily of interest for use of a great cast (including Oliver Hardy in a cameo). I don't recall seeing either film, but I'm certainly willing to check them out.

Steve

Jeffrey

Stunt Coordinator
Thank you Paramount for those 10 (!) Jerry Lewis titles and I hope the rumoured commentaries from the man are still on target for most of them....regardless, chalk up 10 (!) definite purchases come October 12th (which just may be a record for me).

Now, let's show Dino some love and start working on Living It Up, Scared Stiff and Hollywood or Bust for 2005!

Jeffrey

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the list, Mr. Harris. Titles that catch my interest include:
  • The Spy Who Came in from the Cold
  • The Counterfeit Traitor
  • The Assassination Bureau
  • The White Dawn
  • Broadway Bill
  • Murder on the Orient Express
  • Star Trek: Generations CE
  • Mork and Mindy - Season 1
  • The Untouchables CE
  • Deep Impact CE
  • Conquest of Space
  • The Naked Jungle
  • Last Train From Gunhill
  • Ragtime
  • 1492: Conquest of Paradise
  • Racing With the Moon
  • It's All True
  • The Keep

It will be nice to get 16x9 versions of Deep Impact and Star Trek: Generations. It will be fun to see The Keep again since my one viewing was theatrically ages ago. (Very happy to see that title on the upcoming release list.) Most of my biggest Paramount wish list titles are still MIA, but that is for another thread.

- Walter.

Stephen Ford

Stunt Coordinator
Great news about Taxi. I can wait to get them all.

We dont need another version of Naked Gun or Airplane as we have good versions already.

Plenty of other stuff still needed to get released before that. I doubt we will see them again on this format.

Charles H

Screenwriter
MIRACLE OF MORGAN'S CREEK is the only Sturges title retained by Paramount. It may be because of the tenuous remake by Jerry Lewis (ROCK-A-BYE BABY). However, THE LADY EVE still resides with Universal despite a dubious remake THE BIRDS AND THE BEES with George Gobel.

A special edition has been promised for sometime by Paramount (at least, according to prestonsturges.com), but the death of Eddie Bracken is a missed opportunity and only the reclusive Betty Hutton survives.

Bryan Ri

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan

Maybe I'm the only one, but I would have liked to have seen deleted scenes, outtakes, and cast commentary.

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Thank you, Paramount, for:

Taxi
Happy Days
Laverne & Shirley
Testament
Racing With the Moon
(I knew all those requests would pay off eventually!)

Now where's The Brady Bunch and The Odd Couple? :)

Chris*W

Stunt Coordinator
And my list for must-have DVD's of 2004 just keeps growing and growing... Great to see the Jerry Lewis films finally get DVD treatment (including two directed by the great Frank Tashlin). Untouchables CE and Eddie Murphy Raw are also two that I'm looking forward to... nice work, Paramount!:)

Allan^L

Stunt Coordinator
Woohoo!!! :D :D :D

1492: Conquest of Paradise is finally coming out! This is the best DVD news I've heard all year as this was the final catalogue title I've been waiting for. And Top Gun CE comes out the same day. Combined with ROTK: EE and a couple of this summer's movies being released, November is going to be expensive!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shronkey234
Recent bookmarks