1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Pal/NTSC question...

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Jimmy M, Mar 31, 2003.

1. Jimmy M

Jimmy M Second Unit

Hi,

Hopefully this is the correct forum, as it deals with DVDs being played. [​IMG]

I have downloaded some homemade audio commentary MP3 files which were created using a PAL source. Now, what I would like to do is to create an MP3 file with the speed adjusted so that it plays correctly with an NTSC DVD. What I need to know is if there is a way to do this.

Alternately, is there a DVD program for the PC which lets one adjust the speed of a DVD being played, so that I can increase the speed of the DVD?

And, if either of these things can be done, what would the proper speed be? I've seen 4% and 4.167% for how much faster PAL is, and the math portion of my brain is on vacation right now.

Thanks in advance!

Jimmy!

2. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

you'll be fine actually. Going from PAL to NTSC is fine. It's when you go from NTSC (29.97fps) or film (24fps) to PAL that you run into problems

3. Damin J Toell

Damin J Toell Producer

Damin J. Toell

4. Andy Olivera

Andy Olivera Screenwriter

Cool Edit Pro can do this.

1. Under Effects -> Time/Pitch -> Stretch

2. Under the Constant Stretch tab, change one of the following: Ratio to 95.833(or 4.167% slower; probably more accurate); Length to the desired duration(in seconds). Changing one will automatically change the other.

3. Under Stretching Mode select Time Stretch(preserves pitch).

4. Under Pitch and Time Settings select Choose appropriate defaults.

5. Save as new file.

Whether you want to convert the file to WAV first or edit/save directly to MP3 is your call. Good luck, because I haven't experimented with this much. [​IMG]