What's new

Owl and the Pussycat (1 Viewer)

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
bob kaplan
i just got around to watching my new dics tonite...has anyone else noticed these two "edits"...one where Babs discsusses the power of words as she and George are harrased by several men in a near-by car....and the other as George descirbes the activies of the previous evening in relation to a pack of dogs in the park....

these edits really distroy the impact of the scenes!!!..

disappointing.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Bob,

Please do a search for my official HTF review on

this DVD.

I noticed an editing flub near the end of the

film when Babs and Segal are in a bathtub and the

same question is asked twice from different angles.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
The scene with Streisand and the guys in the car where she used the "F" word was re-edited soon after the film's original release because they wanted a PG rating. I don't have the disc yet but when perusing it at my local DVD store, I noticed it was the PG version so I assume the word was edited out. Is this what you're talking about or is the word still in.
The edits are probably tied in to the from R to PG version. I believe Saturday Night Fever had a similar edit several years after it's release to get a more youth friendly rating.

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
bob kaplan
Yes, that is it Tom. The ensuing chase makes no sense what so ever, since the guys really dont have a reason to react the way they do after she speaks to them now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks