What's new

Outlaw 950 Future Pricing Speculation (1 Viewer)

Richard Burzynski

Second Unit
Since it's the #1 HTForum topic of converstaion for the past 2 years, let's have some more fun.

Looking into my crystal ball I predict the following:

(1) Outlaw 950 price will go up to $1175 (after preorders are filled).

(2) Atlantic Technology Version (see related thread) will list at $1400.

These are pure guesses based on scientific guesswork. Let's see who gets the closest. What do you guys think?

Rich B.

Legairre

Supporting Actor
Richard,

Count me in for $1200.00 for the 950 and I'll stay with $1400.00 for the much better looking Atlantic 950. I mean Atlantic pre/pro.

Sean D

Stunt Coordinator
Well , if Razvan's pricing is correct I think I'd go with the nicer looking AT version for a dollar more.;)
I'll guess $1049 for the Outlaw and $1299 for the AT.

DougO

Stunt Coordinator
Atlantic list will be $1699. No doubt Outlaw price goes up after early orders, perhaps as high as $1299.

J

John Morris

All I know is that I'm getting one, or two, 950s at the initial pricing. The higher Outlaw eventually prices the 950 after that, the better it will be for all of us who eventually decide to sell the 950 when we upgrade to Outlaws next preamp/processor.:D

Russell _T

Supporting Actor
There is a post on AVS this morning from a guy who heard it at CES, and talked to a couple of Cirris engineers who wandered in. So far so good.

Russ

J

John Morris

And... here is what that the poster, Patrick Collins said:
Just back from CES and the Outlaw booth. WAIT!!! It'll be worth it. While I was at the Outlaw booth, two engineers from Cirrus Logic that designed some of the chips in the 950, came in. They were blown away by the build quality and the chip selection. They commented that the DACs especially were their best. They thought it was comparable to a $3k to $4k Pre/Pro.

I thought it sounded fabulous. They demoed Jurrasic Park 3 and the 950 indeed did pick up the flag for the DD EX.

I was promised that the 950 would ship no later that the end of January.
Anyone know what their setup was composed of? Did they use a pair of 750 amps to get their 6.1/7.1 setup, or did they have a beta 770? What speakers did they use in their booth... DVD player... what else?

Rob Curtis

Stunt Coordinator
Has Outlaw ever INCREASED the price of a product?

Seems to me that they have only decreased the price, so why all the speculation that this one will go up?

Rob Curtis

Stunt Coordinator
Thank you.
BTW I put my name on the waiting list today. I figuered the best way to find out about this PRE/PRO is to do an in home demo.
The most I could be out is shipping.
Might just save a bundle over the Cinepro or Integra, at least in depreciation ;)

W

Will

Outlaw Audio has come right out and stated that $899 is a first month introductory price and that it will be going up afterwards.

It's not clear how much they can raise their prices. Probably no more than what its twin from Atlantic Technology is sold for by discount internet dealers. In the short term, Outlaw can raise their prices. Maybe. Long term, as it gets older, its price should go down. And having competition from Atlantic Technology may keep a lid on the 950 price, in the short term.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks