What's new

opinions on the SONY XBR450? (1 Viewer)

soop.spoon

Supporting Actor
I'd like to purchase a direct-view HDTV set in the near future. So far, SONY's 32" XBR450 has really caught my eye. I'd appreciate any feedback on this set.
Are there any specific limitations or known deficiencies?
Thanks for any info!
(I'll be using it 70% on DVDs and 30% on broadcast cable)

Tom C

Stunt Coordinator
I can't help with performance, but I've been looking at them too. One feature that is not on the 32" XBR450 that was on the 32" XBR400 is the 'Auto 16:9 Enhanced Mode (V-Compression)'. That is a feature I want. It's on the 36" XBR only (with the exception of the FV27 32' & 36", but they're not HDTV ready).

Reginald Trent

Screenwriter
Jack you would probably get more response if this were moved to the TV and Projection section.
------------------

Craig Morris

Stunt Coordinator
Ummm... check your facts on the 16:9 squeeze feature... I was told it was included on every flat-screen (i.e. Wega) Sony TV from 27" upward.
I'm about to buy the 36", so if anyone has reason not to, speak up! :)

Tom C

Stunt Coordinator
The 16x9 squeeze is on all the Wegas, but the auto-squeeze is only on the XBR450 36", FV27 32" & 36" according to Sony web site and what I’ve found in the store.

Mike E W

Agent
None of them will auto squeeze a progressive signal so chances are some of you will not be using that feature anyway. I dont know the story on which sets do or dont but I would not let that be a deal breaker, its no problem making a macro to do the job.

Tom C

Stunt Coordinator
That's true, but it'll be at least a year after I get a XBR before I start looking into a progressive player and would appreciate the auto feature till then.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks