What's new

*** Official X-MEN ORIGINS: WOLVERINE Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
It was okay. Not a bad movie, certainly, but it lacked the depth of the second X-Men film. Am I mistaken or did they change the character's origin? I always thought the claws were something that was added to him when he became Weapon X and was laced with adamantium (or however the hell you spell it). I thought his mutant power was his healing ability and senses, period. Jackman was very good, and I expect no less from him. Schrieber was good too, although his look in the movie kept reminding me of Will Ferrell, which kept making me laugh.

Nice cameo by Patrick Stewart
. I suppose they used that anti-aging CGI effect again from X3?

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Were the claws done differently? In the farmer's bathroom, when Wolverine was inspecting his new claws for the first time, something seemed off to me. They had a whiff of amateur-CG demo project. They seemed more physical in past movies.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Wolverine grossed a whopping $35m on friday, not bad all things considered. Looking forward to seeing it some time during the week.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

http://www.the-numbers.com/

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
From the review thread:

That was changed as far back as the '80s in the comics, I believe. His bones were laced with adamantium, right? Well, it turns out he has "bone claws." They were laced, too. He may have found out in the '90s when Montego ripped all the metal out through his skin, and he found he still had the claws.

I think this was done to make Wolverine more unique. Any idiot can have a healing factor and strap on some claws. But, he (and now his clone X-23 and his son Dakan) was the only one with claws from mutation.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean

He had the bone claws in the comics. There was a time when Magneto ripped out all of Logan's adamantium and he still had his bone claws.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I stopped reading Xmen comics in the late 80s and up to that point, it was unknown if Wolverine had bone claws that were part of his mutation.

We didnt know if he had bone claws laced with adamantium, or whether the adamantium claws were given to him as part of the Weapon X experiment.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
1993 was the year Wolverine has his adamantium pulled, and his bone claws were discovered in his own series the same year.

Can't believe I remember that.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, who could forget Wolverine #75 with the cool hologram on the cover?

Evidentally, It would appear that Deadpool is tougher than a Highlander. You'd have to sit through all the credits to understand that reference.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
How's that? The final scene after the credits at my theater was Logan at a bar drinking, "trying to remember". The last shot of deadpool was him falling into the cooling tower, decapitated.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
"1993 was the year Wolverine has his adamantium pulled, and his bone claws were discovered in his own series the same year.

Can't believe I remember that."

Funny isnt it how much useless info you can remember from your childhood. Comic books, cartoons, tv shows,movies, star trek and star wars information...That stuff is permanently ingrained into my brain.

But I cant remember what my girlfriend said to me 20 minutes ago :D

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
He wants me to pay $10 and waste 2 hours multiple times to watch the full suite of 5-sec endings? Ok, good luck with that plan.

And how does that stop piracy? It would seem to actually motivate it, pushing people to watch bootlegs for the alternate endings (rather than wasting their time and money).

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt

I agree with this in regards to most books. So far, with comic books though it's about following the comic somewhat but focusing on the action / excitement factor.

I haven't ready any Batman/Spiderman etc books, and I enjoyed all the movies. I have read, say, "Watchmen" and while the movie was pretty true to the book, it didn't help it at the box office.

Studios are after the bottom line - what will make money. If Wolverine opens with $80M, then despite what any critique says, they will be happy, because it means they will make longterm money on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks