What's new

*** Official LOONEY TUNES: BACK IN ACTION Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Mark McLeod

Second Unit
Well that brings up an interesting question, if Jim Carrey can do an ace ventura movie and sustain thru out a full length movie...is there really that much difference between some of his characters in movies and the looney toons? I'm not so sure that there is. Is there a substantial leap between an ace ventura carrying a movie and a bugs bunny carrying a movie? It would be really interesting if a poll was done at the exit of this film in some of the theaters asking the audiences which parts you liked best. The completly animated character scenes, the Human only scenes, or the scenes that mix the two.
Sorry I've been busy with work the past couple days and when I haven't been I've been extremely tired and away from my PC.

Most of the scenes are a mixture of both the animated characters and the humans. The beginning is completely animated but after that point I'd say it's pretty much all of a mixture of the two. Though that's not to say there aren't scenes with just the animated characters or just the humans.

Review should be up in the morning. And on that note. I should either do more work or take a break and then do more work.

M.

BarryS

Second Unit
As a fan of Joe Dante and Looney Tunes cartoons, I will probably see this. I'm sure it's going to be nowhere near the quality of "Who Framed Roger Rabbit". Roger Rabbit is a masterpiece, in my opinion. All the more impressive because the animation was completely hand-drawn. We will never see another film like it. "Looney Tunes: Back In Action" may be funny and entertaining, but the truly great live action/animation movie has already been made.

Trenton McNeil

Second Unit
I like Space Jam.....my kids like it too.

I can't watch Roger Rabbit with the kids, so Space Jam wins by default. :)

Can't wait til they're older and can understand why Roger Rabbit rules though....

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Brendan Fraser said the following on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart:

"No offense, but this is not Space Jam."

Eric F

Screenwriter
Brendan Frasier was just on The Daily Show trying to explain the plot, and Jon asked, "Do I need to take drugs to understand this?".:D

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "Looney Tunes: Back in Action" please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.

All HTF member film reviews of "Looney Tunes: Back in Action" should be posted to the Official Review Thread.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Crawdaddy

Pete SE

Agent
If you like Joe Dante films I think you'll like this one. Very manic. The whole frame is filled with in jokes and they even spill on to the soundtrack's musical cues.

I have to say this is one of the worst looking prints I've seen in a while. Very grainy. No detail even in close ups. It also looked very flat with no contrast.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
this movie was alot more fun then space jam and who framed roger rabbit.. alot like gremlins 2 with alot of injokes, but much better. I knew most of the jokes and laughed at them. If you grew up on the looney toons, then you will probably get alot of the jokes too. I had alot of fun, and I am not a huge fan of brandon either. I do agree that the previews were awful for it. It did look bad, it was much better then the previews..it was more like the donald duck vs daffy duck in roger rabbit then 40s style detective story.

JACOB

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Would not have seen this but for the 8 and 10 year old girls in my life, but it was amusing. Yes, lots of in-jokes.
I know some will consider this way too picky of me, but, while the Mona Lisa is in Paris, The Persistance of Time is in New York (well, Houston 'til January} The Scream is in Oslo and "Sunday in the Park" is in Chicago.
It was a little disconcerting seeing Kevin McCarthy since he has gone to the big screening room in the sky.
{I really do make a crappy atheist.) ;)

EDIT: This just in, Kevin McCarthy is NOT dead, but he is almost 90!

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Finally caught this on DVD. Looney Tunes: Back in Action is no classic, but it's a hoot for movie freaks - I loved the Area 52 sequence. :D

Of the cast, I'm not too sure about Steve Martin's performance - it was off and on and overall not very effective. I don't think Brendan Fraser gets the respect he deserves, but he has a knack for taking roles that he's well-suited for and seems at ease performing with his animated guest stars. And Jenna? Well, she looked great (especially in that deleted scene).
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Favorite scene: Speedy Gonzalez on political correctness. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks