What's new

October Austin HTF meet? (1 Viewer)

Colin Dunn

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Colin Dunn
Several people missed the September meet because of work conflicts and other stuff. So I thought I would start up a thread so we can try for an October meet. :)

Anyone want to host the next meet? Ideas for topics, things to show off, etc.?

Colin Dunn

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Colin Dunn
Bump.

Any interest out there in another meet?

Here are some things that I think may be interesting...
- A screen materials shoot-out. See how samples of different screen materials affect brightness, color rendition, black levels, white levels, contrast, off-axis viewing angles, etc.
- Media streaming appliances (Apple TV, NetGear and Buffalo appliances, etc.). Do any support 1080p or HDMI audio yet? How about various audio/video formats?

Greg Risley

Second Unit
Oct. and early Nov. will be tough for me. I'm deep into pre-production right now and we shoot the first 2 weeks of Nov. But after that I would love a reason to get away. I'm still toying with the idea of the new prepro like yours Colin.

Jonathan DA

Screenwriter
Hey Colin,

To get any responses, you probably need to post in the Austin Movies Nights thread. Not many people check the forum anymore, they just subscribe to main thread and wait for email updates.

I can probably make just about any date prior to Thanksgiving week. Things have gotten really busy for me recently with various projects, but I can spare a couple hours here or there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks