What's new

no bass from subwoofer. (1 Viewer)

DavidSeyba

Grip
I'm using an audigy 2 on windows xp. I have my audigy 2 connected to my 6 channel input yamaha rx-v530 receiver using rca y cables. I get sound from all five speakers except my subwoofer which produces no bass at all. It produces bass on anything except 6 ch input. Anyone know whats up?

JamesHl

Supporting Actor
Surely it's something with the settings on your computer. The 5.1 external inputs just go straight to their respective speakers with no processing, you've either got the cable for the sub hooked up wrong or something is set wrong with your sound software.

DavidSeyba

Grip
how could the sub be possibly wired wrong. it works with everything else

Surely someone here knows what kind of settings I need so the sub will work along with the speakers.

AlbertA

Stunt Coordinator
If you go to speaker settings, you have 5.1 speakers under speker selection right? Then under bass management, you should see subwoofer volume and cross over frequency (with a bass redirect checkbox that should be selected).

Check those settings that's probably it...

DavidSeyba

Grip
bass subwoofer volume is on high and base redirect is on. 100hz frequency. I have tried 0hz and 200hz and it doesnt change a thing.

what can I do?

Chas_T

Supporting Actor
David,

I do not have the answer to your question except perhaps an item you could check, but you seem fairly astute and probably have done what I will suggest.

1. Make sure your connections from the sub are correct to the card. If I recall with the earlier audigy card, there was a convoluted method of making the connection, so just double check your connections. You've probably done this already.

2. If you cannot find the help you need, make a post over at the Klipsch forum under the sound card topic and I am sure they will provide some answers. They are sharp users over there with this stuff.

3. Call Creative's tech support. I've done that before and they were very helpful.

Good luck,
Charles

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks