What's new

No audio on some channels with Panasonic Plasma... ? (1 Viewer)

Adam Bluhm

Supporting Actor
My parents have a Panasonic TH-42PD60U plasma television. The set is connected directly to cable via coax (local cable co.). They also have a DVR connected, but I believe that's connected via component cables and stereo audio cables.

Just recently it began giving trouble. Some channels have no audio but put out a normal picture. Other televisions in the house put out audio to every channel, so I have to assume it's not the cable's problem.

I turned on the DVR and watched tv through that ('component 1' video setting) and every channel has audio when watching live through the DVR.

I'm stumped. I unplugged the tv for a minute and rechecked all the connections. I even went through the channel programming guide to re-program all the channels, but the problem remains.

Any ideas?

Adam Bluhm

Supporting Actor
Well, nevermind. :) It appears that all channels now have audio. I have no idea what the problem is/was, but I guess I cannot fix what's not broke.

plasmasown

Auditioning
Real Name
Richard
Hi, it is because some channels broadcast 2 different languange options. Hit the SAP button on the remote to cycle through them as some of them are silent. Not all channels have this but it is likely that the ones that have no sound are set on the wrong one. I did have experience with this problem and it solved it.

Adam Bluhm

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the reply, plasmas. I played with the SAP button and you are exactly correct. It's good to know. :)

Such a simple resolution to a frustrating problem!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks