What's new

!!!! NEWS FLASH !!!! Warner to release SOUTH PARK in SEASON SETS (1 Viewer)

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Funny, since I bought them the day each was released- there wasn't any sort of boycot occurring just then. The problems didn't arise until theme sets were released nearly 2 years later. Real fans buying the discs back when they came out had no way of knowing that these sets wouldn't continue to be released properly.
I guess I should have predicted the eventual change and not bought the proper released discs as they were presented... :rolleyes

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I can't believe David Lambert hasn't posted yet...
I orginally brought the news to Vince's attention, in the thread he's maintained at the Studio Feedback section. It may or may not have been what prompted Ron to post his verification thread here.
Either way, I figured that I had said and done enough! :D
By the way, everyone can thank Gord Lacey, HTF member and owner of TVShowsOnDVD, for bringing it up in the article. He told me that the magazine has a fact-checking dept., and so it's likely that they called WB to verify what Gord said about the lack of season sets, and WB spilled the beans.
Gord has a problem with his wrist right now; tendonitis I believe it was, so he's not doing too much extra typing at this time. I'm helping his at the site as much as possible, but news flashes are restricted to him and so a few things aren't getting posted.
Everyone thank him and wish him a speedy recovery!

Paul W

Second Unit
Swweeeeeet!
This really sucks ass. Not!
*does the happy dance*
:D :D :D
Oh yes, and count me among those who would like to start with season 1 fresh. I hated those f*&%ing vignettes before the start of each episode. Sorry Matt and Trey, those really did suck ass.
:D

Norman_H

Auditioning
Let's all write and tell them that we want these sets issued WITHOUT all the stupid "bleeps!" Let's hear those kids swearing--it's the most charming thing about them!
:angry:
Who knows, they might do it.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Norman:

The bleeps are intentional. They are by choice Trey and Matt. The bleeps exist on the original soundtrack.

I find the bleeps to be just as funny, if not moreso, than swearing.

Though Bigger, Longer, and Uncut was a riot.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member

The soundtracks are not bleeped by comedy central- Matt and Tray bleep them on the original soundtrack- they think it's funnier that way!

I agree. It is funnier with the beeps.

Anthony Thorne

Supporting Actor
Since I don't have any of the discs yet, I'd be happy to see them do exactly that, actually. I'd hate to have a few 'full season' sets, and the rest be scattered across less comprehensive 'best-of' releases. At least, I think this is what we're talking about here...

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
This is what happens when I spend too much time in the Movies forum, reading Star Wars threads.

Excellent news! I can't wait to see Cartman get an anal probe... again!

As for the bleeps, I say keep them. Otherwise, the episode "It Hits the Fan" won't really make much sense.

Aaron Croft

Stunt Coordinator
"Funny, since I bought them the day each was released- there wasn't any sort of boycot occurring just then. "
Hmmm... maybe it was just me :) I hated the fact that they were only puting 4 episodes on a disc, it's a 20 minute cartoon for Satan's sake!!
-Aaron

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
It's funny, while I already have all episodes of South Park in Realmedia format, I always kind of wanted to buy the episodes on DVD, even in the greatest hits packages, but some of the episodes were so vile I wasn't sure I could pay money for them. But with these season sets, I don't think I'll be able to resists. With these and Red Dwarf season sets coming along, my wallet's going to be taking a hit soon :frowning:
-Tom

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member

You don't do much production I'd assume. Heck, using union labor on the staff and building even one set- you'd be well into a $60,000 budget without anything else.

Megan_A_D

Stunt Coordinator
I used to own the first 6 volumes but when I broke up with the ex, I let him take them because of the Rhino fuckup where they failed to caption their three discs and the fact that the trey & matt intros had no captioning at all even on the warner discs.

By that point I realized that the SP releases were sadly off track (which I hadn't when I bought them in the first place). I figured I'd replace them in my collection with season sets when/if they ever came out with them.

My preference is season sets but however they do it, I hope they caption the intros as well as the episodes themselves in addition to any other extras they decide to stick in there this time around...

I've never watched SP on tv before... cause Comedy Central sucks ass for not captioning anything (only slightly better these days) so I'm eagerly awaiting being able to watch the first part of season 1 (whatever's on v1-v3 discs) and everything that came after!!

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Today DVD File indicated that ANOTHER South Park "best of" is on the way in the fall. This seems confusing - if they plan to do seasons, why are we getting another compilation? Hopefully the season set is on the way, but this makes me curious...

John_McKittrick

Stunt Coordinator
I was about to post the same thing. I've heard of this being released before. It is confusing because what's the point?

John

Al_S

Second Unit
Count me in for the season sets!! I purchased some of the VHS tapes(you can stop booing me now) but stopped since I was sure they would release the entire set some time on DVD. It took them long enough though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks