What's new

New to projectors need some advice on them & a screen. (1 Viewer)

Boots Rojas

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Boots Rojas
schan1269 said:
Not sure how I edited the prior post(I am watching the Ducks/K-State game...)..But here is a good laugh for everybody...sure they've sold that many...(by the way, read the whole listing...if anybody buys one, they deserve a Darwin) http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-ELITE-Pioneer-VSX-53-7-1-Ch-Home-Theater-A-v-Receiver-THX-VSX53-Airplay-3d-/400281836856?pt=Receivers_Tuners&hash=item5d32a81d38 As you can see, used...that one has a tough time hitting $200... http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=elite+vsx-53tx&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_okw=&_oexkw=&_adv=1&LH_Complete=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=200&_fpos=&_fsct=&LH_SALE_CURRENCY=0&_sop=16&_dmd=1&_ipg=200
Hmmm... That is strange how you done that!?! Watched the game also. Yea I bought it new back in 02-03ish. Same with my infinity speakers. I don't think I'm going to replace any of it anytime soon. I'm sure the technology has improved a ton since 03, but I'm still very pleased with it. Everything has very minimum use & is in like new condition, if that is possible after 10yrs

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I have "some" moderation, which is how I edited the post. I thought I replied...not edited. But yeah, $2000+ for an AVR that was $1500 9 years ago is a great laugh.

Boots Rojas

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Boots Rojas
schan1269 said:
I have "some" moderation, which is how I edited the post. I thought I replied...not edited. But yeah, $2000+ for an AVR that was $1500 9 years ago is a great laugh.
Yea, no question that is kinda crazy.

Boots Rojas

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Boots Rojas
With my receiver not having hdmi. What are my best options for connecting a projector blu ray player neither which I currently have? I would like to up convert everything if possible?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
http://www.amazon.com/DVDO-High-Definition-Processor-Connectivity-Solution/dp/B001OOZU8I/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1357519491&sr=1-2&keywords=dvdo

Boots Rojas

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Boots Rojas
That's pretty sweet... Now wondering if I could get a better receive then what i currently have for that kind of money? Geez this is not easy :)

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
Boots Rojas said:
With my receiver not having hdmi. What are my best options for connecting a projector blu ray player neither which I currently have? I would like to up convert everything if possible?
What do you need to hook up, and what would need to be upscaled? I would look into buying a new receiver before that.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Well, you said "upscaling" and that is about the only thing "non-AVR" that there is. You would still need a BD player with 6 channel output to have your lossless... DVDO+BD w/6 channel=more than enough to replace the Elite... Will "that" mount buy another $1500 AVR? No, but do you need a $1500 AVR?

Boots Rojas

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Boots Rojas
Jim Mcc said:
What do you need to hook up, and what would need to be upscaled? I would look into buying a new receiver before that.
Jim, was thinking about the new projector & blu ray player

Boots Rojas

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Boots Rojas
schan1269 said:
Well, you said "upscaling" and that is about the only thing "non-AVR" that there is. You would still need a BD player with 6 channel output to have your lossless... DVDO+BD w/6 channel=more than enough to replace the Elite... Will "that" mount buy another $1500 AVR? No, but do you need a $1500 AVR?
Not sure I'm flowing. So what is your suggestion?

Boots Rojas

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Boots Rojas
Just the receive Fronts Infinity SM 155 Center Infinity Aplha 37c Rears Infinity Alpha 25es Sub Infinity Alpha 1200s

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Boots Rojas said:
OK, seriously, are you purposefully trying to make our heads explode now?

Boots Rojas

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Boots Rojas
Sam Posten said:
OK, seriously, are you purposefully trying to make our heads explode now?
LMBO! Hey, it's been a while since I've upgraded... This stuff you almost need a degree in to understand. As stated before I really appreciate everyone's time & help.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Right, but here is what you arent getting Boots. You are focusing on the wrong things. Your system ALL has to work together. You aren't going to get a system together without taking care to get the fundamentals right. Seriously, you want to put a 120" screen in and you don't have a receiver that is going to use ANY HDMI, let alone the latest, and have no Bluray player, an $85 at worst component? C'mon sir, take a deep breath and think about what you are asking us here and ask yourself "Wow, if I was in their shoes would I believe me?"

Boots Rojas

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Boots Rojas
Sam Posten said:
Right, but here is what you arent getting Boots. You are focusing on the wrong things. Your system ALL has to work together. You aren't going to get a system together without taking care to get the fundamentals right. Seriousl. you want to put a 120" screen in and you don't have a receiver that is going to use ANY HDMI, let alone the latest, and have no Bluray player, an $85 at worst component? C'mon sir, take a deep breath and think about what you are asking us here and ask yourself "Wow, if I was in their shoes would I believe me?"
Like i previously told you this is a area of the house that is never used. Trying to make it usable for us I was trying to do so within a budget. If it's to much to ask or unachievable then I'll just buy a new panel for the bedroom & be done with it. Not that big of deal been living here 6yrs now so no rush.

Boots Rojas

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Boots Rojas
schan1269 said:
Do you at least have HD cable/sat or OTA? What do you need upscaled? VCR? Wii? LD? DVD? Sega?
Have DTV HD on all 4 tv's Was thinking DVD

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
You can buy a new BD player for $80(panny, sony or LG). You can buy a used HDMI DVD player that scales to 1080P for $40(there is a Zenith "region free" all over Ebay for $40). I bought(lucked into it) a Pioneer DV 420V for $50 including shipping. If DVD is all you need scaled...you got it covered for $80 and under.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks