What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

New reality/parody show on SpikeTV: Joe Schmo (1 Viewer)

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
Prediction: The final vote will be a 3-way tie. Why else have a jury with an even number of members? Then for the tie-breaker they'll have some wild stunt we haven't seen before.

CraigK

Stunt Coordinator
2 more weeks? Explain then why they said in the preview for next week that Matt finds out???

Joey

Stunt Coordinator
Two weeks! Geez!! I dunno - sounded like gunshots in that sneak preview! I'll have to TiVo it to be sure I don't forget.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Joey, the preview was what they said wouldn't happen.

Matt seems to have figured out the whoel food thing was a set-up, but he hasn't made the leap the whole thing is set-up. Stagign things like that coudl very well happen in a regular reality show.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Why is the finale in two weeks?

It took Ashleigh long enough to act bitchy.

The preview just sounded like balloons popping.

So how does everyone think Matt will react? I think he'll just walk away silently.

~T

Timothy Alexander

Second Unit
AAAARRRRGGGGHHH!!!!

I was on the edge of my seat waiting for that final vote and then ...."TO BE CONTINUED!?!!?"

And not only that...TWO WEEKS I have to wait for the finale?!?!

AAAARRRGGGHHH!!!!

Jeff*S*C*

Second Unit
2 more weeks? Explain then why they said in the preview for next week that Matt finds out???
It said "On the next Joe Schmo" NOT "Next week on Joe Schmo".

I checked the channel guide right after I watched the show and I too was pissed to see that there was no new episode on next week.

I figured it wasn't the last show because it was never advertised as the finale.

KevinRB

Stunt Coordinator
Playmakers (my other Tuesday regular) is also having it's next episode delayed until two weeks from now. Dunno why...

I'm glad that they are having another episode because I don't want them to skimp on Matt's reaction to finding out the whole thing is a fake.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I agree it took too long (from what we've seen) for Ashleigh to act like a bitch. In fact, we haven't been shown hardly any personality traits at all from anyone, except from Hutch and Kip.

I'm really curious to see how this turns out. :)

Mike Slade

Second Unit
Does anyone know how long the actual "competition" lasted? From what they said at the final vote, Kip and Molly were voted off and then the next day they had the surpirse eviction for Ashleigh and later that night, the finals. I suppose you have to go at a hurried pace to reduce the chances Matt would find out it was fake.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Tonight is the big show! According to the commercials, the revelation will be in the first 15 minutes of the 2-hour show.

~T

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was a really good ending to an entertaining show throughout. Even with the past events I was surprsed to see how emotional some of the actors were (most notably "Ashleigh" and "Molly")

Chris Dias

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris
Yeah I thought it was a great end to the show (despite wasting half an hour to recap) I was glad that Matt was good about it, he could have completely freaked on everybody but he was a good sport.

Great show all together. Anyone know if this will get a DVD release? i'd love to show it to some of my friends who haven't seen it.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Wow. I was genuinely surprised at how they did the "reveal," and more importantly Joe's reaction. It's kind of ironic that the show making fun of reality television actually brought out the best in people, while the "real" reality shows bring out the worst in people. It was great that they gave him all the prizes he rightfully won, and more! He was genuinely emotionally overwhelmed. It takes a lot of courage for a man to cry on national TV, even cable. I found myself respecting him more and more as they followed him for the finale. He even thanked the crew! A real man of the people.

Plus, he totally had Ashleigh in the palm of his hand. She seemed to be the most "involved" with Matt's well being and certainly cried the most at the end (With the exception of the man himself). I'd love to see this on DVD, and not just because it would be uncensored :). It's certainly one of the more entertaining original series that Spike's come up with, and in the end, no one ends up a real loser.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Fantastic end to a very thoughtful show.

I don't know about a DVD release, but if the price is right I'd buy it just to show friends that missed it.

Great reveal!!

Brent

Steve_Pannell

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
It's kind of ironic that the show making fun of reality television actually brought out the best in people, while the "real" reality shows bring out the worst in people.
Very good observation. And exactly why I don't watch "reality" shows. I did watch this finale last night though just to see how a real person would react.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samrinriya
Recent bookmarks