What's new

New reality/parody show on SpikeTV: Joe Schmo (1 Viewer)

Will Cunningham

Stunt Coordinator
I think my favorite part of this episode was when Matt convinced the girls to kiss. The comment just as they were doing it (paraphrased) "don't just give her a peck either..." lol I just about died laughing. I love this show!

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
My favorite part was Matt's reaction to Molly and Ralph kissing. It was hilarious how wide his eyes opened. It was also funny how he immediately agreed to asking Molly and Ashley to go topless.

~T

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
Kip: "Ashleigh, you are my queen. Molly, you are my princess. Brian, you are my court jester. Mott, you are my knight in shining armor. And Hutch, you are the drogon that I send my armies to fight.":D
Can't wait for next week!

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
Last night's show was the best yet but dammit I wanna see the uncensored version!!! :D I'm gonna miss Molly and her, ummm, errr, uh, smile. ;)

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
That was a hilarious episode.

I think my favorite part was the eviction ceremony, they really managed to make it so out there! Hutch's glued-together plate, the kiss, and the speech by Kip... I was laughing so hard during this.

Of course, the TV executive thing was great too. :)

Did anyone else recognize the TV executive? He played Rachel's boss in a few episodes of "Friends". I'm glad that Matt didn't recognize him...

...or maybe Matt is an actor too? I still won't rule that out, some of the stuff he says and the things he does are just too damn perfect for this show. :)

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
I'll be annoyed if he's an actor, to be honest, as I love the setup & love that he "does the right thing" so much instead of screwing over everyone to win.

Really, really like this series. Last night's was indeed very funny.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I agree! I almost feel like they wasted it by putting it on SpikeTV. Of course, I'm not sure the constant nudity/semi-nudity would have been as welcome on network TV, even though it's blurred. :)

Hunter P

Screenwriter

You definitely wouldn't have been able to enjoy as much if it were on the broadcast networks.

Although I like Spike's risque attitude, I am really getting annoyed with the constant Spike TV animations at the bottom right of the screen. Unlike other networks, their logo is animated so it catches your eye. As much as I try to ignore it, my eye still wanders there once in a while.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member

To be honest, I've never even noticed it. But now that you pointed it out, I'm sure it'll bug me too. :D

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
And isn't Hutch the "smart" one on The Mullets? If he's not, then it's someone who sounds very similar.

So far, it's been really entertaining to watch. Kinda surprised they booted Molly - I figured Brian was gone since he's been playing second fiddle to everyone else's soap opera.

Edited: Yep, David Hornsby who also has been in Six Feet Under, Minority Report and Pearl Harbor. Wow, talk abut taking a risk. If Matt were a movie/entertainment freak he may've recognized that some of these folks were in the biz.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
They probably quizzed him about what movies he's seen. Except the Spike exec, none of these peopel had appeared in anything other than bit parts as of the time the show was taped.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
Even if he thinks he recognizes someone, they can say "I get that a lot- there's some actor that looks like me" or even take him aside & say, "Yes, I'm an actor, I've done a few small parts, & I tried out for this show to get some publicity for my career, but please don't tell the others." Matt would probably buy those. The idea that the whole show is fake & he's the only one not in on it is so wild that even if that occurs to him, he'd probably reject it.

CraigK

Stunt Coordinator
Oh man! Funniest part of tonight's episode: When Hutch said in his closing comments "there's a little Hutch in all of us" and Dr. Pat gave a big nod and smile.

Genius!

CraigK

Stunt Coordinator
Dooooh!

We have to wait till freakin' next week for the final episode!!!????

Damn it!

Man...based on the sneak preview for next week...it does not sound to safe in there!

ColeKR

Stunt Coordinator
Actually we have to wait two weeks until the final episode. There is nothing that upsets me more then having to wait to see how something is going to end.
How about when Matt was talking about how he thought maybe the network exec was an actor?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks