What's new

new punisher movie.... (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i've seen the trailer a bunch of times now and still haven't seen the Punisher in the trailer yet.

really, what are they thinking.
at least the Jane version felt and looke like a punisher film.
this one not even close.
Punisher needs to look like the Punisher.

Mark Maltais

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark
Well I just caught wind of this after a buddy emailed me a link to the ultra violent rated "R" trailer and I think this is going to rock! It's seems to be based on the Marvel Max comics and it's an all out kick ass, take no prisoners Punisher movie. THIS is the way it should have been made in the first place. Stevenson is perfect for the role (Jane was always too small a guy IMHO and hard to believe to be a borderline psycho, which the Punisher should be), Stevenson is what 6'4" and has the right commanding presence and brooding look. His work in Rome was awesome (For the 13th!!) :D By the looks of it, this is going to make Rambo look like a disney cartoon. I am looking forward to this and I'm glad Marvel is making movies that are WAY more accurate to the comics. A new Punisher movie, a good lead actor and it's rated R, what more could you ask??

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
As long as this is hyper-violent, I´ll see it (from Blu-ray, that´s). Punisher = violence = right way to go. ;)

Jim Barg

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim Barg
I really had no interest in this whatsoever, and then I read the reviews over at CHUD and AICN. I figured it was worth taking a chance on for five bucks.

Hoo boy, was it fun. Dumb? Yeah. But they nailed the hyperviolent cartoonishness of the Ennis run on the character, it veers into camp and stays there. Dominic West leaves no scene unmasticated.

If the Jane film was an attempt to make Frank Castle into The Man With No Name, this one is a live-action cartoon with the gruesome kills you'd expect.

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
Good news! This will be mine in Blu-ray!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Simon Caleb

Stunt Coordinator
When I read this one has the colour of Susipria meets the bloodiest Friday the 13th with guns, and move over 'Commando, there's a new b-movie classic in town! my interest went through the roof.

Looking forward to the unrated dvd down the line!

And hello, Chair leg!!

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
"War Zone" is the worst film of 2008 but if you want that toned down I'll call it the worst comic book adaptation since "Batman and Robin."

In fact, in overall terms of acting, writing, lighting, editing, etc, I'd venture to say that "War Zone" is Marvel's very own "Batman and Robin." Had to happen sometime I guess.

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
"The fat one's mine, he stole my applesauce."

Loved it. over the top, goofy, and bloody. It begs borrows and steals from a ton of other flicks. This is the definition of a great bad movie. I can watch this many times over without getting bored.

By no means a good movie, but there is no way it is worst of the year Especially when you have The Haunting of Molly Hartley, Igor, Righteous Kill, Space Chimps, Meet Dave, The Love Guru, Deception, 88 Minutes, Prom Night, Shutter, Semi-Pro, One Missed Call.....

Jim Barg

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim Barg
I think that designation should be given to Ghost Rider, personally. At least Punisher was entertaining in its OTT badness and clearly didn't take itself seriously, which is far more than I can say for Mr. Cage's film.

Perhaps it's the lowered expectations, or the fact that I've only read Ennis' run on the comic, but I had no problem with a Punisher film turning into Final Destination 4 (or Commando, if you prefer).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks