What's new

new punisher movie.... (1 Viewer)

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Looking at the TPB covers (which are really well done!!)the character sure seems to have changed alot from the 80s.

Ill agree Florida seems odd for Punisher,and I'll have to wait and see how it fits into the film, but to me, Punisher belongs in NY.

One memory of the old comic that sticks out to me was him standing on a rooftop shooting at people for everything from littering to running a stop light.

BTW, I completely forgot both Rebecca Romijn-Stamos and Laura Elena Harring are in this
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Rob T

Screenwriter
Ari Arad, Gale Anne Hurd and Jonathan Hensleigh were all in agreement that this should be an R-rated film from the get-go. The success of Blade as an R-rated film based on a Marvel comic was brought up as evidence.
It's too bad Ghostrider isn't R-rated. :frowning:

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I actually hoped for this to be a return to the harder 80's revenge pics so lost in the world now. Good to see it appears to be working. It's tough to top a quality revenge film.

Looking forward to Punisher and Hellboy.

Take care,
Chuck

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Favorable enough to get me to see this in the theaters. The (teaser) trailer wasn't very convincing.

I agree with you john doran, the participation of Travolta is VERY scary. He hasn't made a decent film in like 5-6 years now. I think he may be falling into that same slump he had in the late 80's, early 90's...

Magnus T

Supporting Actor
Damn! :eek:

This is quickly turning into my most anticipated movie of the year. It's been such a long time since I've seen a great R - rated action flick.

Can't wait!:emoji_thumbsup:

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I am feeling better about the movie after seeing the new trailer. Will it draw comparisons to vigilantism of The Rock's remake of Walking Tall?

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Love the new Lion's Gate logo too.
I don't know, doesn't look very professional. It's just letters. Their official site still has the lion and the old text, so I'm guessing that they'll only use the new one for select films and go back and forth between it and the old one.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The great trailer Thomas posted and Moriarty's review have really amped this up in my book. I like the way Jane played the character in the trailer. Most films lighten up their protagonist. Jane plays Castle as barren, worn down, nothing but bed rock. Even the one-liner at the end wasn't said with a smirk at his own wit. It was matter-of-fact, and not only a little bit menacing.

Kachi Khatri

Second Unit
Real Name
Jay
Cool trailer. My outlook on this movie has totally switched around since that first review, as well the emergence of several other details.

I think the movies going in the right direction.

Shawn_KE

Screenwriter
The new trailer looks pretty good. Up to this point I didn't think Jane looked right for the part, proved me wrong ;)

I also like the tricked out GTO :emoji_thumbsup:

Shawn_KE

Screenwriter
http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=19699

I also got a chance to talk to Tim Bradstreet (the punisher cover artist, and the guy who did all the movie posters for the movie). He was full of info on the Punisher movie, and it's sequel. Apparently there is work being done right now on a director's cut DVD. This was the first time I had heard anything about this. The DVD will add a few subplots that were cut out. One of these includes Stuff of Frank Castle in the war. I guess none of the footage was shot for this (there wasn’t time) so they are filming the actors on a green screen and are going to come up with some sort of animation / live action hybrid or something like that. The footage is supposed to blend in with the opening credits. Also Tim was showing off the early Punisher 2 poster, the poster was just a torso shot of the Punisher holding guns in each hand, with a 2 at the bottom of the page. Very simple and very effective. Tom Jane was supposed to show up for one of Tim's signings but both of them go too drunk the night before so Tom just went home. Tim also said that work should get started on the sequel soon, and that the director of the first one is working hard on the script for the second one right now.
Yea, info from that hated site, but could a directors cut could be interesting. Wish there was more info about Part 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks