1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

New Guy saying Hi.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by joedaddy5771, Oct 24, 2013.

1. joedaddy5771

joedaddy5771 Active Member

Well just signed up but I have been looking at this forum for a while. I just replaced a 12 year old HT. It was nice when I bought it. Denon receiver, Infinity speakers, all 5 were the same and a Klipsh 12" subwoofer all of them were a nice group together and served me well for many years. I did a lot of researcher before I bought anything, to me that's part of the fun. I knew that the sound would be better and I would like all the new features and had high hopes but OMG what I was missing out on. I place some of my choices on what I could find at a good price along with some things bought on Craigslist. The only limitations I had was my wife did not want floor speakers, we don't have that big of a room. Happy wife is a happy life. I will have many questions and look forward to posting them soon. Here is my setup, tell me what you think. I do listen to allot of music as well.

Pioneer SC-71

2x Definitive technology XTR-50 for my fronts. I got a great deal on 3 from a Hi-Fi store as demos. Need to sell one.

Definitive Technology CLR 2500, got on craigslist new in box. I was going to use the 3rd XTR-50 as a center but found this and love it.

Definitive Tech BP2X for the back

Oppo 103

Vincent Audio C-35 Tube CD player

I am still using my old sub. I have been looking at SVS and read good things about them thinking SVS PC12, not sure witch one yet. I like them and think I will do 2 subs when I do.

Thank you for reading my 1st post. I will be active on this sight

2. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill Ambassador

Steve Tannehill
    Welcome! Glad you're here!