What's new

new GTA a hoax or real (1 Viewer)

Paul>Wh

Agent
I saw a web page yesterday claiming that there is going to be another GTA game coming out in Oct. called GTA: Sin City.
Any word if this was a April 1 or for real. It sounds almost too good to be true, but I hope it's real I will get it that day. Nothing like whooping some butt all over again.
Thanks for the help,
Paul

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
If it is an April Fool, it is one based on rumors that have been around since Vice City came out. I haven't been following the news too closely, but I've heard this rumor a number of times.

-Dave

Paul>Wh

Agent
D**n it!!! I was hoping but I knew it sounded too good.
Oh well, there is always next year.
Thanks for the help everyone, I thought I read somewhere that the next one is going to be about the 70's? I think it will be pretty funny when they make one with all of the grunge music of the early 90's too, but I will feel old when that comes out, lol.
thanks again everyone for such a quick response and help,
Paul

JamesH

Supporting Actor
I hope to god they set the newest game back in modern times. As bad as the 80's was, I think I'd have a harder time stomaching the 70's. Am I the only one who just can't live without gangsta rap in a crime sim game?

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
Its one of those great April spoofs that work because you want it to be real.

Crossing GTA with the coolness of Frank Miller's awesome Sin City would be stunning, and make the likes of XIII and NPR Quake look amateurish if done properly.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
GameSpot had a (what I'm assuming is) April Fool's joke that said the next GTA would be based on Blade Runner and take place in a futuristic Tokyo.

Paul>Wh

Agent
So what's the 'real deal'? My emotions are a rollercoaster
:) This would make my next Christmas and being that Vice City was the first one I have played I am now hooked and will pre-order anything new by these guys.

Joe Reed

Stunt Coordinator
Well I am pretty sure in the first GTA, the names of the cities were Vice City, San Andreas(the other rumored name besides Sin City for the next game) as well as other city that was laso used in GTA3, so it looks like they would call the next one GTA:San Andreas:emoji_thumbsup:

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
It would be great to have another GTA called Sin City set in a Las Vegas city set in the 70;s with all the mob boss's and such.

Imagine trying to stop a guy from cheating at blackjack, and your sent out to vice his head/hand:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks