1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

New cover art: Star Trek Nemesis

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick Mirza, Feb 11, 2003.

1. Patrick Mirza

Patrick Mirza Well-Known Member

No disc specs yet. The disc is rumored for release on May 13th.

[​IMG]

2. Ric Easton

Ric Easton Well-Known Member

Well, I guess this won't be a special edition matching Paramount's latest ST offerings. I guess we'll be waiting a few years for that one. I also could do without the blurb on the front.

Ric

3. Patrick Mirza

Patrick Mirza Well-Known Member

Well, it is rumored to include director commentary and deleted scenes. It's just not a 2-disc set from the looks of it.

4. Robert Spalding

Robert Spalding Well-Known Member

was this movie any good? I heard reviews were not so favorable.

5. Richard Waller

Richard Waller Well-Known Member

Another cover with a critic quote. [​IMG]

6. Steve Bjorg

Steve Bjorg Well-Known Member

Personally, I thought that 'Nemesis' was as bad as they come. Only Star Trek V is worse and not by much. Sometimes I wonder if someone is trying actively to kill the ST franchise.

7. Joshua Clinard

Joshua Clinard Well-Known Member

Joshua Clinard
    I have never been a big star trek fan, although I did occasionaly watch the TV show The Next Generation. This is the first Trek movie I have seen, and I throughly enjoyed it. So did the lifetime Star Trek fan I watched it with.

8. Mark Silver

Mark Silver Well-Known Member

I am a huge ST fan and I feel that this was the worst ever, even worse than ST 5. Patrick Stewart and Brent Spiner's interference and involvement in the script was a prime example of actors trying to be bigger than the story.

9. Joshua Moran

Joshua Moran Well-Known Member

its a copy cat of Wrath of Kahn.

10. Peter Overduin

Peter Overduin Well-Known Member

11. Eric F

Eric F Well-Known Member

What does it mean when they just put a quote from Roeper on the cover. Lol.[​IMG]

12. Paul-Gunther

Paul-Gunther Well-Known Member

I'm a huge ST fan as well, and I thought it was one of the best. To each their own.

13. Bernhard

Bernhard Well-Known Member

I'm not that much of a Star Trek fan but (maybe because of that) I really enjoyed this movie (although my favorites remain The Voyage Home and First Contact).

I'll definetly get this DVD.

14. Matt Wooten

Matt Wooten Well-Known Member

15. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Well-Known Member

It's definately only behind First Contact as the Best TNG film. Is it similar to Khan, yes it is, but it was still a decent Next Gen film. Many made their mind up to hate this film after reading drafts of the script. Then as soon as berman came out and said the film was cut 45min (All films get editted before being released) fans revolted and many that crucified the film did not even see it. They complained the little Details were lost, no lore explanation, Why was Wesley there, Why was Worf there. Etc

In other words they picked Nits and decided to hate the film. Meanwhile Paramount decided they needed the film to fail so they scheduled it against LOTR's Two Towers against even Harry Potter was Anemic.

Then the Die Hard Fans came on the Net and despite not seeing the film they Spewed much Vile Commentary on it encouraging other fans to stay away. The Handling of Enterprise by the B&B team also figured into this hatred and fueled it. Meanwhile the mainstream somewhat burnt out on trek also stayed away.

Did I miss anything here.

Bottom Line Rent it and decide for yourself. It's not all that bad.

16. JonZ

JonZ Well-Known Member

It wasnt as bad as I thought it would be - I resisted seeing it for a few weeks becuase I havent been happy with Trek in a long time. DS9 last season was horrible.I hated Voyager and saw only 2 or 3 episodes of Enterprise before I gave up on that one.

There was ALOT cut from the movie - so if the DVD is a Dir Cut (as it should since theyve been revisiting the Trek films as Dir Cuts) then Ill buy it.

17. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Well-Known Member

The Movie is the Director's Cut, however there will be deleted scenes on the Disk but not incorporated in the film.

18. Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D Well-Known Member

19. Cameron Seaman

Cameron Seaman Well-Known Member

20. Tony Whalen

Tony Whalen Well-Known Member

Yup. Most folks either loved it or hated it. There doesn't seem to be a middle ground at all. [​IMG]

Personally, I loved it, and I'm lookin' forward to getting the DVD.

(And for the record, I thought DS9's final season was great, Voyager sucked, and I'm really enjoying Enterprise. I can't understand how people who claim to be trek-fans write off a new series after 2-3 episodes. Have you watched the first 2-3 episodes of TNG lately? They aren't exactly awesome... nothin' personal JonZ ... to each their own. [​IMG] )